strategic losses? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jmalter -> strategic losses? (12/11/2012 9:59:58 PM)

hope you'll forgive my ignorance, but i can't access the pdf Manual on my laptop, & google-search of this forum didn't help.

what are "strategic losses", how are they accrued, how do they influence the game?

my current intel screen shows that IJ has 36 points of them (30 Dec 43, DBB_B game vs. IJ AI).

Quixote -> RE: strategic losses? (12/11/2012 10:57:44 PM)

I believe that's from strategic bombing of industry. Here's the section from the manual.

[image]local://upfiles/29916/80F23D11C18A4574B8FAB67D4C05CCC9.jpg[/image]

jmalter -> RE: strategic losses? (12/12/2012 4:15:27 AM)

thanks, Quixote - it's good of you to post the relevant info to answer my question.

i've been bombing airfields & ports in Hokkaido w/ B-24s for about a month now. doubtless, bombs have strayed onto the city target & caused the industry damage.

Icedawg -> RE: strategic losses? (12/12/2012 10:15:02 PM)

I have a related question.

I've gotten the strategic VP message for ungarrisoned bases several times, but have noticed that no strategic victory points are showing up in the VP summary screen. Is this a bug, or am I missing some element here?

JSG -> RE: strategic losses? (12/12/2012 10:46:26 PM)

There's a 1 point penalty when guerrillas attack a base with inadequate garrison assault value strength.

36 points would be a surprisingly small amount of such points in 1943, though. The AI tends to get multiple such points per day in my match against it.

Icedawg -> RE: strategic losses? (12/12/2012 10:55:23 PM)

That's what I'm getting at. I've had low garrisons dozens of times now, but my opponent is not getting any VPs for it. (Or it doesn't look like his is in the VP summary window.)

[image]local://upfiles/19528/0D03F5CC58E3405192C6094A3CEDD592.jpg[/image]

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: strategic losses? (12/12/2012 11:23:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I've gotten the strategic VP message for ungarrisoned bases several times, but have noticed that no strategic victory points are showing up in the VP summary screen. Is this a bug, or am I missing some element here?

So far as I know strategic VPs are only awarded for City attacks which meet the reqs. of the manual quote up-thread. Ungarrisoned VPs are "regular" VPs. To tell the truth I've never looked to see where they accrue. Bases controlled lines would be my guess, but I've never studied it.

Icedawg -> RE: strategic losses? (12/13/2012 12:24:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

So far as I know strategic VPs are only awarded for City attacks which meet the reqs. of the manual quote up-thread. Ungarrisoned VPs are "regular" VPs. To tell the truth I've never looked to see where they accrue. Bases controlled lines would be my guess, but I've never studied it.

Thanks. That would explain it.

traskott -> RE: strategic losses? (12/13/2012 1:22:56 PM)

Japan get no VP for strategic attack on India ? Damm... xDDD 2 weeks of night bombings spent.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: strategic losses? (12/13/2012 4:58:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: traskott

Japan get no VP for strategic attack on India ? Damm... xDDD 2 weeks of night bombings spent.

Nope.

See the AAR in the Canoerebel/PH game, PH side.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02