Andrew Loveridge -> AT Gold v2.12 Public Beta Available (12/11/2012 3:29:58 PM)
We have a new version of Advanced Tactics Gold to try. It is available in the Members Club, as a Public Beta. It introduces a new module with Leaders, as well as including some bug fixes and other changes.
Please check it over and let us know what you think of it.
V2.12 – December 7, 2012
- A huge, although still experimental, new feature: Random commanders and an officer pool have been added. They have been added in a separate new random game module called "New Dawn".
- Each people has its own naming lists and portraits, so the Germanic, Anglo-Saxon, French, Russian, Arab, Japanese and Chinese people all have their own unique looking officers.
- Commanders can gain levels with experience. Levels bring higher combat and morale bonuses and can also bring the commander action cards and feats.
- Feats provide free bonuses now and then; cards provide bigger bonuses at a time of your choosing and special actions, but come with some danger when played. It’s possible for a commander to be killed or wounded playing them.
- Since there is no art budget for adding truly new features to a game over 2 years old I would really like to thank graphic artist and volunteer extraordinaire Mike Gaffney. The commanders would never have looked as great as they do without the great artwork he provided. I cannot stress enough how much volunteer work like this is appreciated.
- Keep in mind that the officers will need some fine-tuning based on player feedback and that this is a beta patch.
- 3 Extra options added to the random game setup menu: no farmlands, no suburban areas and higher production cost.
- Random games now always have each player get equal number of start cities.
- Strategic map looks nicer on really large maps now.
- Navy production ends up with ally bug fixed.
- Loaded on transport HQ link crash.
- Ships can never be strategically transported, not even at insane costs.
- New production now starts with base morale of the regime.