Classic AP Full Implementation? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series

VR_IronFist -> Classic AP Full Implementation? (12/7/2012 7:00:30 AM)

I've recently returned to Conflict of Heroes to check out the state of the PC game. I bought it when it came out, enjoyed it for a bit but was ultimately disappointed in the lack of full implementation of the Classic AP rule-set. After scouring the forums, I downloaded the v1.12 beta and really like what I see! Thanks for the effort and for staying with it.

Does v1.12 have it implemented? I ask because I noticed some stuff still missing from the board game. Things such as:

1. Units being able to spend CAPs on Rallying (p.7 of the ATB 2nd Edition Rulebook: "Rally dice rolls may be modified with CAPs."

2. Losing unused CAPs in the same turn as loses are taken (as opposed to just losing CAPs at the start of the following round which is how the PC game currently plays). From p.6 of the ATB 2nd Edition Rulebook, under Section 7.4: If the CAP track marker is on the space where a destroyed unit must go, the CAP level is immediately reduced by one and the player loses the use of this CAP. Ex: In the example above, the player had 8CAPs left when he lost his second unit. The unit is placed on the 8 space and the CAP tracking marker is moved to the 7 space.

3. Opportunity Fire not included.

Finally will the new Awakening the Bear 2nd Edition Rules be the rule-set implemented for both the Classic AP enabling patch and the coming SOS second game (which I definitely plan on purchasing)?

I hope this post isn't construed as nitpicking but when I tried out the v1.12 beta patch I was excited and I just hope Classic AP mode will really feature all of the board game's rules, using the latest rule-set.

Gerry -> RE: Classic AP Full Implementation? (12/7/2012 3:13:30 PM)

Sorry I cannot help as I use Persistent APs. I do know that with Persistent APs you can add CAPs to a Rally attempt.

Gerry

VR_IronFist -> RE: Classic AP Full Implementation? (12/7/2012 6:44:19 PM)

If you can, then it's probably there already and I just didn't do the mechanism correctly. If you wouldn't mind Gerry, exactly how do you add CAPs before the Rally roll? Do you simple hit the button like you do for combat and then do the roll? In retrospect, I've never tried that.

Gerry -> RE: Classic AP Full Implementation? (12/7/2012 7:22:26 PM)

Hello:

Not at the screen so this is from memory. I may have a unit "clicked" first. I clicked to add the CAPs. Then clicked Rally. Not sure if the unit has to be selected first or not.

Gerry

ericbabe -> RE: Classic AP Full Implementation? (12/7/2012 10:28:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VR_IronFist
1. Units being able to spend CAPs on Rallying (p.7 of the ATB 2nd Edition Rulebook: "Rally dice rolls may be modified with CAPs."

2. Losing unused CAPs in the same turn as loses are taken (as opposed to just losing CAPs at the start of the following round which is how the PC game currently plays). From p.6 of the ATB 2nd Edition Rulebook, under Section 7.4: If the CAP track marker is on the space where a destroyed unit must go, the CAP level is immediately reduced by one and the player loses the use of this CAP. Ex: In the example above, the player had 8CAPs left when he lost his second unit. The unit is placed on the 8 space and the CAP tracking marker is moved to the 7 space.

3. Opportunity Fire not included.

Finally will the new Awakening the Bear 2nd Edition Rules be the rule-set implemented for both the Classic AP enabling patch and the coming SOS second game (which I definitely plan on purchasing)?

I hope this post isn't construed as nitpicking but when I tried out the v1.12 beta patch I was excited and I just hope Classic AP mode will really feature all of the board game's rules, using the latest rule-set.[/font]

The die roll modifier should increase rallying rolls as well as combat rolls.

The "Price of Honour" rules state, "Opportunity Action: Take any one action with any fresh unit that is not activated. Mark the unit as spent after it has taken the one action." Version 1.12 implements this.

Our capability to implement an ever-evolving set of rules will depend largely on how well COH continues to sell.

VR_IronFist -> RE: Classic AP Full Implementation? (12/8/2012 1:04:06 AM)

Hi Eric, thanks for the responses. My comment on the lack of CAPs usable with Rallying was my own ignorance and misunderstanding of the PC game's mechanism. Thanks to Gerry and yourself for explaining it to me.

I hadn't actually tried Opportunity Fire in v1.12 Classic AP mode yet. For some reason I figured it would be another button or something similar. However how you implemented it is much more elegant so that will do nicely. Thanks again for explaining how it works to me.

Finally re: the rules. The good news is that according to Uwe there are only three changes between the "Price of Honour" rules and the AtB Second Edition ruleset. They are: the anti-tank gun front defense ratings are now red instead of blue, turreted tanks can fire outside of their Arc of Fire for +2APs, not +1AP, and trucks can no longer use bonus moves into a road hex already occupied by another vehicle (congestion). Uwe documented them here. So if you decide to try, they are only minor changes from the ruleset you worked off of.

I'm just throwing this out there but have you folks at Western Civilization considered using Kickstarter to help get these games made? Recently Academy Games (specifically Uwe) used it to great effect on getting "1775 - Revolution" made. They also have some great stretch-goals which will really improve the game over what it would have been if backed only but themselves. It might help you gauge interest and allow people (such as myself) to put their money behind projects they really want to see made while helping you guys out.

Regardless, I appreciate your effort along with Western Civilization's as well. I eagerly await the release of Storms of Steel next quarter. Thank you.

ericbabe -> RE: Classic AP Full Implementation? (12/9/2012 5:37:44 PM)

Those ATB changes do seem fairly easy to implement.

We have looked at using Kickstarter. I'm not quite sure what sort of incentives to offer for the games we publish through Matrix since we wouldn't be able to give away copies of the game as an incentive for donations. Maybe we could offer a DLC pack or something? We're still thinking about this.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI