Ship Design Bug 1.7.0.16 SOLVED (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support

Darkspire -> Ship Design Bug 1.7.0.16 SOLVED (12/3/2012 12:29:32 PM)

Running legends patched to 1.7.0.16 on XP 32bit 4gig Dual brain chip

Ive tried posting and had no luck with any help with this problem so Ive posted again, this is really annoying and is stopping me from being able to play DW.

Im getting the same message as in this post

I followed all the instructions from the 'whats new.pdf' that came with the 1.7.0.6 update for saving designs and the game wont start with the one race ive saved the designs for, it just comes up 'could not start this game', it worked the first few times, I saved over my designs with upgraded tech designs and this problem started happening. As a workaround if I delete the design file and replace it with the first one I saved (backup) the game starts. I thought it must be my mistake in saving over the design files so,

I deleted the design folder and subfolder with the design file in
loaded DW
changed the theme to the original one
started a new game
exited to main menu
changed theme back to my theme
started a new game
'could not start this game'

exit DW
copy the design folder and subfolder with the design file in back in the mod from the trash can
loaded DW
changed the theme to the original one
started a new game
exited to main menu
changed theme back to my theme
started a new game
game starts ok

So now I cant run DW with my mod unless I have the design folder and subfolder with file in it.

My thinking on the next few steps was that there must be a file somewhere that contains the startup info for my mod, like default designs, races etc, so,

I unistalled DW
deleted Codeforce folder in the apps and docs folder on the c: drive
deleted entries in registery for DW
installed DW
updated to 1.7.0.16
put my mod back into the DW Customization folder
started DW
changed theme
Still cant start a new game if I erase the design file that I created for that race

Its my own mod im running the designs from, it worked, and has worked, fine since I put it in August. Ive changed nothing in it except for adding the design folder and subfolder for the race name that the designs go in, really wish I hadn't now, its totally screwed the game up.

Darkspire

Darkspire -> RE: Ship Design Bug 1.7.0.6 (2/5/2013 2:35:23 PM)

Running legends patched to 1.7.0.16 on XP 32bit 4gig 2.20 GHz Dual chip

Was having a really good game using the beta 1.7.0.20 and had a problem with it crashing, was about a good 4-6 hours into the game and as accepting a Beta is accepting you dont mind crashes and other problems I thought I would also install DW+ROTS+Legends but just patch it to the old 1.7.0.16. Copied my Theme (mod)folder over to the customization folder, I wanted to start again with the ship designs for my race so I cut and paste the designs to desktop (just in case) and loaded the fresh install of DW Legends patched to 1.7.0.16, loaded my theme, started a new game and it just comes up with the same 'Could Not Start this Game' and dropped back to the main menu. How to fix it? Alt-tab to desktop and undo move, design file is back in the folder, switch back to DW and start new game and it works.
Its easy enough to replicate the problem, Ive given detailed instructions in my previous post. Can someone please address this issue.

Darkspire -> RE: Ship Design Bug 1.7.0.6 (2/7/2013 12:00:04 PM)

[image]http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l588/Necrospire/749a109f_173815d1307539885-mass-grave-uncovered-east-texas-lemme-guess-shrub-aiming-get-elected-again-tumbleweed.gif[/image]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Ship Design Bug 1.7.0.6 (2/7/2013 1:10:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

Can someone please address this issue.

I've sent you a PM on this so I can try and assist. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI