Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury

doomtrader -> Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/2/2012 9:54:07 PM)

The new beta version is here:
http://www2.wastelands-interactive.com/shared/ToF103V3patch.zip

quote:

2012-12-02 [v1.03v3]
--Fixed
Fixed problems with wrong assigned movement costs
Number of people and equipment in units now displayed correctly
Fleets without any naval units assigned are now automatically disbanded at the end of the turn
Fixed problems with calculating terrain type modifiers for defenders
Improved issues with wrong display of the fog of war
Some fixes with the stability
Fixed display of air superiority

--Gameplay
Now if a unit is returned to the forcepool with a commander, then the commander is reassigned from the unit
Changed supply schedule, now convoys are perforemd after selecting supply sources by units
It is nowpossible to see full description for all events

--Features
It is possible now that the Disembark will fail every time a unit will try to unload from a sea zone where enemy fleet has got advantage

--GUI
If a unit is hidden under the Fog of War, then clicking on a hex with that unit does not reveal Unit Panel

--Other
If unit has got -1,-1 coordinates assigned it is always put into the reserve, even if the proper value is not entered
Windows 8 compability

Agent S -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/3/2012 12:17:32 AM)

[sm=character0272.gif]

RocketMan -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/3/2012 12:33:08 AM)

Selecting "Quick Start" and then "Axis" for the Grand Campaign causes the game to stop working ("A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. etc.".)

However, if "Custom Game" is selected and then "Back" is selected, returning you to the main screen, the "Quick Start" - "Axis" option loads properly.

Bossy573 -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/3/2012 1:28:38 AM)

Windows 8-64 - the game crashes whenever I click on a unit.

Agent S -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/3/2012 2:07:09 AM)

Win 7-64 working fine.
Quick start axis - no drama.

doomtrader -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/3/2012 9:08:05 AM)

@RocketMan, could you please confirm this is repeatable?

@Bossy573, are you sure you are launching the right exe?

Rasputitsa -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/3/2012 5:07:10 PM)

Thanks,off to give it a try.[:)]

elmerlee -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/3/2012 8:30:04 PM)

What the heck is this............

can't run because of missing AUDIERE.DLL file.

Have not see anything on this file in 30yrs of computer use.

So what do I do now.

RocketMan -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/3/2012 10:30:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

@RocketMan, could you please confirm this is repeatable?

I tried it four or five times yesterday and twice just now and it crashes every time when the bar gets to about 20%.

gwgardner -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/3/2012 11:57:50 PM)

go to your ToF folder. See if there is a tof.exe and a timeoffury.exe. Run tof.exe.

If that doesn't fix your problem, then ... Doomtrader!!

RocketMan -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/4/2012 2:04:29 AM)

Just TimeOfFury.exe.

Baris -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/4/2012 8:53:26 AM)

[image][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img69/5219/timeoffury2012120410414.jpg[/IMG]
[/image]
Thanks for the patch.

Both units have same effectiveness after turn processing even one of them is near a leader. Both units have same supply level.

gwgardner -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/4/2012 12:26:07 PM)

Please clarify, Baris. My testing shows that effectiveness is being calculated properly.

Baris -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/4/2012 4:06:13 PM)

Hello Gwgardner, Thanks for the reply.
The tooltip I see in eff components doesn't seem to effect overall efficiency when near the commander.(or at least in the tooltip) I did try to get units outside the radious of HQ unit and eff modifier was the same as it was near HQ unit. Hope I'not missing something. [&:]

gwgardner -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/4/2012 4:40:52 PM)

You are so right. The commander effect is being calculated for the unit with the commander assigned, but it is not being calculated for units within the commander's range. Bummer.

shermanwar -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/9/2012 6:37:59 PM)

Hi,
Ive been away from the game for a few months and need to update. Can I do it with one update or do I need to add them sequentially? Also for any mods I had to countries, eye candies and map how to I keep them from being over written?

All help appreciated!
Sherman

gwgardner -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/9/2012 7:15:35 PM)

Mods to maps and units aren't overwritten.

As far as I can tell, 1.03V3 is all you need. You can use it to patch a 1.00 version of the game or a 1.02, etc. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

shermanwar -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/9/2012 11:44:48 PM)

Thank you very much for the info. One last check, I also had altered the countries file to make Spain more likely to enter the axis, would those file changes still be intact? LOL I had read up to learn how to do that and don't even remember how now!

Thank you again,
Sherman

shermanwar -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/10/2012 12:12:45 AM)

Im sorry to ask this but I dont want to screw things up. I have downloaded the v3 patch above and unzipped it. I see its file structure. Should I just move these new files into their sister folders in the respective directories on my HD? Or are they meant to be set differently? Thank you

gwgardner -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/10/2012 1:20:53 AM)

Just copy over everything in the patch to the ToF folder, overwriting.

Yes, your mod to add Spain to the Axis would probably be overwritten. Shouldn't be hard to redo the change, however. I'm guessing it's in the countries.csv file, for whatever scenario you're playing, but don't know for sure.

Rasputitsa -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/10/2012 11:22:33 AM)

I find that the tweaks and changes you make to the files are usually lost when you add an update. I have printed copies of the modded files, so that I can easily re-apply the changes, or have more installs of the game so that the modded versions are still available, in case of problems with the update. [:)]

Rasputitsa -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/16/2012 3:00:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gwgardner
You are so right. The commander effect is being calculated for the unit with the commander assigned, but it is not being calculated for units within the commander's range. Bummer.

Will this be resolved with the official 1.03 update and when might that be.[:)]

Rasputitsa -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/22/2012 9:34:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa
quote:

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

Will this be resolved with the official 1.03 update and when might that be.[:)]

Bump, any news. [:)]

Bossy573 -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/22/2012 5:26:12 PM)

quote:

Not sure, Can you explain? I don't know if I applied the update correctly.

Just an FYI - I get the exact same crash with Strategic War in Europe.

doomtrader -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/22/2012 5:33:32 PM)

Hopefully just after new year

Bossy573 -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/22/2012 5:45:40 PM)

Just to be sure, I downloaded and re-applied the patch. No dice. [:(]

RandomAttack -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/22/2012 8:39:49 PM)

Definitely have seen improvement! It still seems efficiency calculations aren't adding up (notwithstanding the "commander" issue). If a unit ONLY has Doctrine and Experience modifiers, everything is fine. But as soon as you throw in any other modifiers, the total NEVER matches the displayed efficiency. It's usually off by +/- 6% or so, and never precisely matches any given component to where you could say "aha-- there's the culprit".

In the big scheme of things it's probably not a big deal. It's just when I see numbers that don't add up it makes me question ALL calculations...

One specific example of an armor unit:

Listed eff: 184%

Components:
Doctrine: 75%
Commander: 7.2%
Exp: 20%
Supply: -6%

So, adding up the components = 196.2%
Even without the problematic commander bonus, it should be 189%
So why 184%??

Rasputitsa -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/22/2012 11:12:14 PM)

quote:

Hopefully just after new year

Thanks, Happy Christmas to all of you. [:)]

Jim D Burns -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/23/2012 1:04:19 PM)

I've found some repeatable crashes with the new beta. Every time I choose a quick start and try and load Fall Gelb or Barbarossa as the axis (didn't test allies or Russia), the game crashes to desktop while trying to load the scenarios. I am able to load the Grand Campaign, Clash of Titans and Gotterdammerung, so it appears something is wrong with Fall Gelb and Barbarossa.

That said I did not try and load every single scenario, just the ones mentioned above.

On a curious note. I can load Fall Gelb as a custom scenario, but when I tried to quit to the main menu to test Barbarossa, the game crashed to desktop. I then went in and loaded Barbarossa as a custom setup with no issue, and was able to get back out to the main menu without a crash.

I'm running Win 7 64bit on a pretty new high end rig and all my drivers are current. Let me know if you need anything.

RandomAttack -> RE: Time of Fury Beta patch 1.03 V3 available (12/23/2012 4:15:27 PM)

^ Ditto. I thought it might be just me...

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI