Chilperic -> New version of Fatal years released (12/7/2012 11:21:52 PM)
Version available from my blg ( see my sig)
1) New White regional decision: Spy
each turn there's a random chance Southern or Siberian Whites factions gets 1 Spy regional decision. The percentage is very low, especially if the nM is under 105.
This regional decision may be played in area controlled by Red player.
Effects: one leader with very high Hide value will be created in this area. This leader has the Spy ability and will reveal enemy forces.
Duration: randomized. This represents the time needed by Cheka to arrest your spy ;-)
2) Maximum NM for Reds, Southern Whites and Siberian Whites lowered to 130 ( ie for these 3 factions NM will not go beyond 130). This decision will avoid side effects created by very high NM. A 130 level delivers sufficient bonuses ans isn't very easy to reach.
3) Added an AI Agent for Miller at Murmansk. experimental measure to evaluate how this new tool, yet unexploited in official AGE game, allows to strengthen the AI.
4) a few tweaks for other AIs
5) added some gfx from the gfx mod from Koval85, located here:
6) Armored trains will now have 2 new abilities, improving slightly supplies and morale for other troops, in order to portray these 2 roles of this arm during Civil War without creating micromanagement. Giving a higher supply load for Armored train would force to cope with the work of a logistician : an ability improving supply situation in the region where the armored train is gives the same results without hassle.
7) Southern Whites will start without Armored Trains. They didn't had such units until they captured some at Tikhoretskaya. SO the capture of Tikhoretskaya, Ekaterinodar and Armavir will offer to Southern Whites several armored trains.
To balance the game, Southern Don will get too some armored trains in August 1918 at Azov, month of the formation of the Don armored brigade, these units having being under work since May 1918.
8) Starting position of Southern Whites have been fixed to display the historical situation as best as possible. A few hindsight of REAL historical situation: the 6th June a Red force landed at Taganrog against Germany ( yes) and was beaten. The main Red force in Kuban had then to face Rostov to oppose a possible German retaliation. Germany ccupied since a few months Bataisk, a few kilometers from the rallying point of Southern Whites force, that were more or less protected here by Germany from Bolsheviks.As you may understand it, the current ap of FY will not allow to portray as accurately the real situation. let's say the new setup is imo as close as possible from the historical situation.
9) Last , Southern White AI has been modified to fit with the new setup ( at first, Denikin was running to Azov ;-) ).
Comments: the version has been delayed a few days first because of real life, then because I needed to update the Southern White AI to the new setup. This AI work is the main culprit of my slow rate of release, because it requires long test time. It's too my main satisfaction, as FY is delivering a very valuable AI opponent. One my my little pleasure is to look at the Anarchist situation when I get a save by a player. This small AI faction, surrounded by potent enemies, is generally doing rather well, by its own, something I was almost sure to be unreachable results 2 years ago. The Anarchist AI is among my modding one of the features I'm really proud.
This version is beginning to tackle with OOB problems. Others changes will follow. The next will be Zinoviev ' who shouldn't stay on the field all the game) and Armored cars. My sources are stating only Petrograd was equipped for Armored cars productions, even if other cities were centers of repair and refitting.
The correct solution would be to allow construction of armored cars only at Petrograd. However, this would force player to move from this region armored car new units all across the huge map, a task confining to micromanagement....I would prefer a middle solution: armored cars could be built in several regions, but the loss of Petrograd would disallow Red player to build new cars. This compromise seems to me rather satisfactory.
Last, I've at last achieved to define the "diplomatic system " I wish to use in FY. For long, I've been unable to avoid a major risk tied to the cost of diplomacy for players: if this cost was in EPs, NMs or money, I needed to rise the pools. But nothing would have prevented players to use new EPs on any matter but diplomacy...The balance would have been endangered.
So diplo will be bought by....VP. This solution offers another advantage: winning side is more attractive than the losers :-). So the winning side will have more diplo activity than the losers.
How it will work: each small faction will be rated from -3 to +3. -3 signifies an alliance with Red, +3 with Whites, 0 being hostility to both. -1 and +1 will be preliminary talks without ceasing combat, -2 and +2 neutrality ( ie suspension of the war situation). each player will pay options to move the level and some situation , possession of key regions will influence independent shift of the level ( let's say if Reds are occupying Vilnius, Poland level could be lowered).
Don't expect this new system soon however. I will introduce it only when Fy 1.085 will have reached stability. And SVF 2.0some progress.