Time of Fury expansion? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury

Borsook -> Time of Fury expansion? (12/1/2012 8:12:55 PM)

I've bought every Wasteland Interactive game sine ToW. I really like the games and think they have a lot of potential... but none of gets enough polish, the AI is not improved enough. I feel that in part it is because the devs move on to a new project rather quickly. I understand that, they need to earn the living like anyone else and I support them. So an idea came to me. How about doing an expansion for ToF? An expansion that would add e.g. one new scenario, improve the AI and solve all the gripes people have with it... I don't know about anyone else, but I'd gladly pay for WI to perfect this game...

gwgardner -> RE: Time of Fury expansion? (12/1/2012 11:46:54 PM)

I wouldn't pay for fixes, only real enhancements.

Example, I'd pay a small bit for player routing of convoys.

Agent S -> RE: Time of Fury expansion? (12/2/2012 9:03:14 AM)

I'd like a functional editor.
Then let the community loose.

doomtrader -> RE: Time of Fury expansion? (12/2/2012 10:02:12 AM)

I think we have put much more improvements in the patches than many of the companies in pay DLCs.
We are not abandoning the game.

gwgardner, do you mean that the player can choose the route?

Borsook -> RE: Time of Fury expansion? (12/2/2012 3:31:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

I think we have put much more improvements in the patches than many of the companies in pay DLCs.

I'm not saying you didn't. I'm just saying that maybe instead of a new game you could consider a paid expansion? That would give you more time to work on it... especially the AI is largely the way it was in 1.00. Paradox seems to be making it lately a big part of their expansions (i.e. the improved AI) and their fan based seems to be quite happy with that. Of course they are not the only changes introduced.

Rasputitsa -> RE: Time of Fury expansion? (12/3/2012 5:21:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S
I'd like a functional editor.
Then let the community loose.

+1. The editor is the logjam, once this is more user friendly, then the game could take-off.[:)]

Omnius -> RE: Time of Fury expansion? (12/6/2012 6:26:46 PM)

quote:

doomtrader,
I sure bet gwgardener means that we would be allowed to choose the convoy route manually. I absolutely despise your hardcoded convoy routine for the British Colonies, it's an absolute failure in version 1.03. I hate watching the ignorant program routine route BC convoys through the Med all the time until the Axis manages to close off one end of the Med so they reroute around Africa. I want to be able to manually route my convoys as a best case scenario for the whole route. If not that then I want to be able top choose through the Med or around Africa as an either or choice. Plus I want that hardcoding garbage taken out so that when I manually play the British Colonies I can set my convoys up the way I want without the hardcoded ignorance adding to or changing my routing.
Omnius

Oh yeah I second AgentS on getting a functional editor.

gwgardner -> RE: Time of Fury expansion? (12/6/2012 8:18:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omnius

quote:

doomtrader,
I sure bet gwgardener means that we would be allowed to choose the convoy route manually. I absolutely despise your hardcoded convoy routine for the British Colonies, it's an absolute failure in version 1.03. I hate watching the ignorant program routine route BC convoys through the Med all the time until the Axis manages to close off one end of the Med so they reroute around Africa. I want to be able to manually route my convoys as a best case scenario for the whole route. If not that then I want to be able top choose through the Med or around Africa as an either or choice. Plus I want that hardcoding garbage taken out so that when I manually play the British Colonies I can set my convoys up the way I want without the hardcoded ignorance adding to or changing my routing.
Omnius

Oh yeah I second AgentS on getting a functional editor.

what he said

Wolfe -> RE: Time of Fury expansion? (12/11/2012 1:05:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Borsook

I've bought every Wasteland Interactive game sine ToW. I really like the games and think they have a lot of potential... but none of gets enough polish, the AI is not improved enough. I feel that in part it is because the devs move on to a new project rather quickly. I understand that, they need to earn the living like anyone else and I support them. So an idea came to me. How about doing an expansion for ToF? An expansion that would add e.g. one new scenario, improve the AI and solve all the gripes people have with it... I don't know about anyone else, but I'd gladly pay for WI to perfect this game...

Agree.

I've also got all of the games since ToW but it does feel like the developers move onto the next project (which is really just a new version of the last project) rather than actually finishing what they started.

P.S. talking about finishing things that they started we are still awaiting the new Lightning War scenario (i.e. what became Strategic War in Europe) for ToF which was promised as free content back in March.

doomtrader -> RE: Time of Fury expansion? (12/11/2012 12:55:39 PM)

Yep,
this scenario is going to be released as soon as 1.03 will be released and stabilized.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.898193E-02