Multi-story Buildings (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series

Gerry -> Multi-story Buildings (11/30/2012 3:40:12 AM)

Hello:

If we are to have "proper" urban fighting like Stalingrad, etc. we need multi-story buildings. Right now I have seen some of these buildings in AARs but I don't think units can use the upper floors? Without that any urban fight is lacking key tactical elements. Wondering if SOS will change this?

Thanks,

Gerry

oivind22 -> RE: Multi-story Buildings (11/30/2012 2:15:19 PM)

There's no rules for this in the board game, so I would guess not. Anyway, I don't think the scale is appropriate for this kind of detail, and there are no city maps anyway.

Ratzki -> RE: Multi-story Buildings (11/30/2012 3:42:51 PM)

Yes, I do not think that we are going to see too much that is not dealt with in the board game version.

ericbabe -> RE: Multi-story Buildings (11/30/2012 6:08:35 PM)

Uwe has talked about ideas for a Stalingrad version that might add something like this, FWIW.

Gerry -> RE: Multi-story Buildings (12/1/2012 7:52:54 PM)

One of the challenges would be how to display the counters in a multi-level multi-hex building. But this is a problem for all tactical games. I found it difficult in CMx2 to see which level in which room the units were in. LOS would be easy to calculate as people are already doing that in the boardgame with hills and the computer can easily do LOS for us.

Gerry

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.882813E-02