Is this gamey? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

AFV -> Is this gamey? (11/27/2012 6:20:40 PM)

In the course of trying to use Naval movement as the Soviet, I was unable to move a Soviet Tank Corp unit. So, I thought if I broke it down, maybe I could move a brigade. After breakdown, I still could not transport a single tank brigade, but all that is irrelevant. What happened when I broke down the Tank Brigade was I gained 3 APs. After some experimentation, I realized this was probably WAD since when you breakdown a Corp, you lose the support units, and to make the Corp "whole" again, you would need to use those 3 gained APs to put the SUs back in it. Its the same for Cavalry and Infantry Corp units- you gain in APs however many SUs you have in the unit.

Which leads to my question: If you find that you are short some APs (for example, lets say you wanted to build a division, but only had 8 AP points), is it ok to "borrow" from this AP bank, or would you consider that gamey?

Michael T -> RE: Is this gamey? (11/27/2012 9:12:39 PM)

I think that the Soviet AP numbers are so low that if you find a way to ease the situation then why not. Really the Soviets should be getting more AP.

morvael -> RE: Is this gamey? (11/27/2012 9:28:27 PM)

- Hey guys, a corps near Leningrad just send back it's support units to it's army HQ!
- Great, now we can order this new rifle division to be built in Stalingrad.

[:D]

I think it's not gamey, only there is lack of logic, but what the hell. You are not farming any points this way, the balance stays the same.

Pelton -> RE: Is this gamey? (11/28/2012 2:08:12 AM)

Could just stick to a historical time line and there would be no need for all the loop holes.

Michael T -> RE: Is this gamey? (11/28/2012 2:28:30 AM)

Historical OOB. Yes please.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02