Modding Panthers in the Fog (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Mods and Scenarios

Steve McClaire -> Modding Panthers in the Fog (11/20/2012 6:35:31 PM)

A few quick notes for those who are interested in modding the game:

The game's graphics files are now 32-bit graphics. Although the format of these files has typically not changed, old utilities that assume 16-bits per pixel won't work with the new files. We do have a new in-house utility to pack/unpack the files, and that will be made available shortly.

Mafi was kind enough to add support for the new map size and format to his excellent map making program, 5CC. This is what we used internally to create the maps. I've let him know that this support can be released in a public version of 5CC any time now that the game has been released.

A few of the data files are new or have seen extensive changes (unit structures and force pools, for example) but the format of most of the other data files are largely unchanged. A new Excel 'Data Workbook' will be released once I have time to clean it up. Probably a week or two.

DAK_Legion -> RE: Modding Panthers in the Fog (11/20/2012 9:23:26 PM)

Thanks Steve!

Waiting for start the modding;)

redmarkus4 -> RE: Modding Panthers in the Fog (11/28/2012 7:08:01 PM)

Two questions - I did look in the manual, so apologies if I missed the answers there.

1. Is it possible to design a new campaign map as a modder? For example 'The Ruhr' etc.?
2. Can we edit the force entry arrows/locations shown on the campaign map?

Thanks.

DAK_Legion -> RE: Modding Panthers in the Fog (11/30/2012 7:19:06 PM)

Any new soon for tools steve?

and matrix plain create a page pitf style others cc remakes where found new patchs,tools,etc?

thanks

Southern_land -> RE: Modding Panthers in the Fog (11/30/2012 9:58:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Two questions - I did look in the manual, so apologies if I missed the answers there.

1. Is it possible to design a new campaign map as a modder? For example 'The Ruhr' etc.?
2. Can we edit the force entry arrows/locations shown on the campaign map?

Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure but I'd say say given that there's not a big difference structurally between PitF and the other CCs 99% yes

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.171875E-02