New Forum Layout (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Iain McNeil -> New Forum Layout (11/19/2012 12:12:27 PM)

Hi guys

we've been working on ways to make the forums easier to navigate as its getting pretty huge.

If you check the home page you'll see many of the quick jumps are not hidden in a games forum instead of being on the home page and sub forums are listed with multiple items on a line.

This makes the height of each forum significantly less and means much less scrolling to get to desired forums.

We think this helps a lot but feel free to give us your feedback!

Thanks!

catwhoorg -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/19/2012 2:17:51 PM)

Looks a whole lot cleaner.

One possible suggestion. In games with a lot of DLC packs (Panzer Corps I'm looking at you). could you create a store inventory page, and redirect the info to that one ?
There is literally a whole screen of redirects.

I do like the bar between the stickies and the rest of the content. Makes it really easy to find the newer user posted threads.

Josh -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/19/2012 3:35:47 PM)

Yep cleaner look, just have to get used to it that's all.

wodin -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/19/2012 7:29:57 PM)

Much better..+1

mbar -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/19/2012 7:37:20 PM)

Thank you. That's a much nicer look.

Iain McNeil -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/19/2012 9:11:37 PM)

Thanks for the feedback. We'll have a think about the many redirects.

Arjuna -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/19/2012 10:26:35 PM)

Ian it is better but what I would prefer is alternate layout options - ie one that organised the forums as you have it now ( ie by age of release ), another that organised by developer name another by product title and finally by product period/setting ( eg WW2, WW1, Naploeonics, Ancients etc ). You would need a control at the top to switch between the options. This would make it easier to find a particular forum.

fodder -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/20/2012 9:47:57 AM)

Looks nice. Any chance you could give us some more control over our threads? Like being able to ban people from posting replies to the posts we make. We need a way to combat trolls and thread stealers. How about just letting us be able to delete our own threads, that options is listed down on the lower right. I mean when one of my thread gets highjacked, it would be great if I was able to delete it.

Iain McNeil -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/20/2012 9:50:06 AM)

I don't think we'll be letting people control their own threads as this could lead to all sorts of problems if the powers were used incorrectly.

Letting you customize your view is a nice idea but I don't know how much work it would be.

roxdevicode -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/22/2012 12:29:25 PM)

Scrolling endlessly is surely a big pain in the ass. The new look is most welcome!

SLAAKMAN -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/22/2012 4:06:14 PM)

Whatever you do please dont duplicate Oracle & Adobes hideous new programs. Their flash and java so-called "upgrades" didnt improve anything and turned my comps into mollasses.

SLAAKMAN -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/22/2012 4:07:49 PM)

quote:

Looks nice. Any chance you could give us some more control over our threads? Like being able to ban people from posting replies to the posts we make. We need a way to combat trolls and thread stealers. How about just letting us be able to delete our own threads, that options is listed down on the lower right. I mean when one of my thread gets highjacked, it would be great if I was able to delete it.

What would be the point to even debate if you censor opposing views? [8|]

bairdlander -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/23/2012 1:41:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fodder

Looks nice. Any chance you could give us some more control over our threads? Like being able to ban people from posting replies to the posts we make.

Ban someone who has a different opinion or one you dont like?Seems pretty harsh.

british exil -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/23/2012 8:26:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

quote:

ORIGINAL: fodder

Looks nice. Any chance you could give us some more control over our threads? Like being able to ban people from posting replies to the posts we make.

Ban someone who has a different opinion or one you dont like?Seems pretty harsh.

Not if you start a dictator thread. Then you can always adjust your own opinion.

Mat

Blutwurst -> RE: New Forum Layout (11/24/2012 4:52:56 PM)

One suggestion: Move the "login" button! It's way to hidden and in all my years on the internet, it never took me that long to find the stupid "login" button.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI