HD Textures (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> Tech Support

Werewolf1326 -> HD Textures (11/17/2012 7:11:28 PM)

Are there HD textures available for SOW: Gettysburg as a MOD? If so where can they be found?

I ask because I am running SOW at 1680X1050 resolution. The sprites used are very very pixelated as well as the ground textures.

Kind of annoying and I don't want to go to something like 1024X768 as on my HD monitor that would fill up about half the screen.

Maybe there's a solution other than Hi-Res textures? Is so what might it be?

Little Powell -> RE: HD Textures (11/17/2012 10:27:09 PM)

Many people have noticed more crisp and higher defined graphics by increasing anti alias and anso in the sow ini file. I always keep mine at least 8 for both.

Open your SOWGB.ini file

Find the section that says [Initialization]. Set the Anti and Anso to 8. Example:

[Initialization]
Full Screen=0
Screen Res=5
AntiA=8
Anso=8

Edit: You can even go up to 16 if you like. I just changed to this and the graphics became even more crisp.

Blond_Knight -> RE: HD Textures (11/18/2012 1:53:20 PM)

Comparing SOW to TC2M it looks like the uniform textures in SOW are not as high res as those in TC2M. Was that a design decision to improve game performance and allow bigger battles?

Werewolf1326 -> RE: HD Textures (11/18/2012 2:44:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Little Powell

Many people have noticed more crisp and higher defined graphics by increasing anti alias and anso in the sow ini file. I always keep mine at least 8 for both.

Open your SOWGB.ini file

Find the section that says [Initialization]. Set the Anti and Anso to 8. Example:

[Initialization]
Full Screen=0
Screen Res=5
AntiA=8
Anso=8

Edit: You can even go up to 16 if you like. I just changed to this and the graphics became even more crisp.

That's how I originally set them up. They're now both on 16 running thru an nvidia GTX 560.

Queeg -> RE: HD Textures (11/18/2012 3:36:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

Comparing SOW to TC2M it looks like the uniform textures in SOW are not as high res as those in TC2M. Was that a design decision to improve game performance and allow bigger battles?

I've wondered the same thing myself. I'm surprised some talented modder hasn't taken a stab at improving the sprites.

Little Powell -> RE: HD Textures (11/18/2012 8:52:07 PM)

The graphics for SOW are high res, they are exactly the same as tc2m. The dimensions are exactly the same, we removed all low res versions when we went to packed files method.

Queeg -> RE: HD Textures (11/18/2012 9:47:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Little Powell

The graphics for SOW are high res, they are exactly the same as tc2m. The dimensions are exactly the same, we removed all low res versions when we went to packed files method.

Interesting. For some reason, though, they don't appear so. Perhaps it's just in comparison with the terrain.

Great game, though.

Garnier -> RE: HD Textures (11/18/2012 10:03:48 PM)

TC2M units are only about 8% higher res than SOW. But they used more lighting for the renders which is mainly why they look sharper.

Blond_Knight -> RE: HD Textures (11/19/2012 12:51:39 AM)

Ah ok thanks for that explanation Garnier, makes sense.

**budd** -> RE: HD Textures (11/19/2012 1:06:08 AM)

how about a screen shot side by side with new and old settings.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI