Question for Arjuna (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series

wodin -> Question for Arjuna (11/12/2012 1:37:33 AM)

Just looking at some units. I notice the 15cm IG 33 has 0 for Std Load APer. As it's fitted to the Skdfz 138\1 I'd have thought it would need a number in the Aper. I presume thats the amount of damage or something it can do or the number added to the Aper number for the unit?

I also notice some other weapons that can bombard but also used in a direct fire role have 0 for APer as well. is this correct?

Arjuna -> RE: Question for Arjuna (11/12/2012 1:45:02 AM)

APer is for direct anti-personnel fire. These wpns use indirect fire and hence use their bombardment firepower to engage personnel targets.

Lieste -> RE: Question for Arjuna (11/12/2012 2:04:00 AM)

Also although there are separate AAir, AArm, APers, Bomb loadouts, the individual allocation is only significant where natures vary between role - e.g the 50 cal uses the same ammunition for all roles, sharing the 2000 rounds between AAir, AArm, APers.

Most weapons use different AArm and Apers rounds, usually AP and HE... but most also share the HE round with the bombard and with any AAir role (see Flak 36 8.8cm for example).

As a rule, though occasionally violated, the bombardment weapons have their HE allocation under bombard, the AAA under AAir and tanks/direct fire under APers (no other option).

wodin -> RE: Question for Arjuna (11/12/2012 2:25:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

APer is for direct anti-personnel fire. These wpns use indirect fire and hence use their bombardment firepower to engage personnel targets.

I'd have thought the IG gun could be used as direct fire aswell?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI