How about a Grand Scenario to cover the entire war? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Operation Barbarossa: The Struggle for Russia

Greyshaft -> How about a Grand Scenario to cover the entire war? (11/9/2012 7:58:58 PM)

One thing that would make me buy this game is if a scenario existed that covered the whole war - hear me out on this one.

* A map from Berlin to Leningrad to Stalingrad
* Units represented Corps or Armies
* A time scale in months or seasons
* I'm not suggesting redesigning the game to increase the number of hexes or limits on units - I'm looking at just RENAMING units as larger bodies of troops and creating a map where towns are RENAMED as Moscow/Stalingrad/whatever and placed in the correct position relative to each other

OK, it would be completely unrealistic since this is not a strategic wargame but I think it would be a whole lot of fun. Surely there's a modder out there with the skills to do this?

Ronald Wendt -> RE: How about a Grand Scenario to cover the entire war? (11/22/2012 6:59:16 AM)

Hello,

i hear you on this one. Anyway the game is an operational game, which means its focused on single battles or stages of the war.
What you describe is roughly a grand strategic scenario. To make this real fun, a lot more features would be necessary in my opinion.

Its not impossible to do, just a total different approach.

Ronald Wendt -> RE: How about a Grand Scenario to cover the entire war? (11/23/2012 7:19:32 AM)

Hello,

another thought would be to link the two existing main campaigns (Great patriotic war & Operation Barbarossa) to a major one for one side.

This way you experience the whole time scale from 22.6.1941 to 2.5. 1945 with historical battles. I guess testing would be the biggest issue with such a huge project.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
8.203125E-02