OT Airfix models (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Chris H -> OT Airfix models (11/8/2012 11:37:05 AM)

Total off topic, well at least its a ship.

I was given an Airfix kit of the Wasa last Christmas by my insane son (37). It must be 40 years since I last did one and I picked it up to do it last night but seems I've forgotten the basics. To be more specific the order in which you put the bits together. I'm assuming 1 to 2 then 3 is added followed by 4 etc. However I vaguely remember having to say stick 1 and 2 together then sticking 3,4 and 5 together before attaching then to 1 and 2. The problem is I cannot work it out from the destructions whch I remember as being clear and straight forward 40 years ago. Must be my age.

obvert -> RE: OT Airfix models (11/8/2012 11:55:42 AM)

There are quite a few good sites out there for modelers of all types. This one seems to have a lot of tall ship stuff. Here is a link to a build of the Corel version of the Was a, with step by step. Not sure if that will help, but there may be another out there with the Revel kit.

http://modelshipworld.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18415&highlight=wasa

I saw this gorgeous ship in Stockholm a few years back. Really stunning, and the models in the museum are almost as fun to see as the original, especially the one of it turing over about to sink as water pours through the gunwales.

Mundy -> RE: OT Airfix models (11/8/2012 2:05:31 PM)

This is todays feature on the Model Warships site.

Gambier Bay.

Gambier Bay - modelwarships.com

I go there for inspiration with my stuff. This kit is on my short list to get. Right after the 1/700 Long Island.

Ed-

Erkki -> RE: OT Airfix models (11/8/2012 5:43:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

--

I saw this gorgeous ship in Stockholm a few years back. Really stunning, and the models in the museum are almost as fun to see as the original, especially the one of it turing over about to sink as water pours through the gunwales.

I've seen her as well - the museum is just an overnight ferry trip away. [:)]

obvert -> RE: OT Airfix models (11/8/2012 11:03:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erkki

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

--

I've seen her as well - the museum is just an overnight ferry trip away. [:)]

I've been on that ferry, but going the other way. The most passed out drunk people I've ever seen on one boat! It was a fun trip![:D]

Here is a picture of the Wasa model depicting her sinking the I took there.

[image]local://upfiles/37283/738CFEC313384F3094A2966CC2299E52.jpg[/image]

wdolson -> RE: OT Airfix models (11/8/2012 11:22:15 PM)

Doesn't the kit come with instructions? If they are missing, maybe you can find a copy somewhere.

You said it's a 40 year old kit? I belong to an old modeler's forum. Someone may have the instructions for that kit they can scan. Another place to look for instructions is to sign up for a ship modeler's forum and ask there.

Bill

Chris H -> RE: OT Airfix models (11/9/2012 8:15:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Doesn't the kit come with instructions? If they are missing, maybe you can find a copy somewhere.

You said it's a 40 year old kit? I belong to an old modeler's forum. Someone may have the instructions for that kit they can scan. Another place to look for instructions is to sign up for a ship modeler's forum and ask there.

Bill

The kit is new with instructions but they are not clear about the order of glueing but I think I must be missing something. It's 40 years since I last did any plastic model and remembering back I think the the instructions were clearer.

geofflambert -> RE: OT Airfix models (11/9/2012 7:36:55 PM)

Can't you dry run the whole thing before gluing? I used to do some modelling when I was a kid, but I was a moron. I remember I put an He-162 together but put the wings on backwards, with the control surfaces forward. I guess I thought it had slightly swept wings. [8|]

Chris H -> RE: OT Airfix models (11/10/2012 7:42:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Can't you dry run the whole thing before gluing? I used to do some modelling when I was a kid, but I was a moron. I remember I put an He-162 together but put the wings on backwards, with the control surfaces forward. I guess I thought it had slightly swept wings. [8|]

Resorted to that last night. Thanks guys.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02