port unloading rates (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

jcjordan -> port unloading rates (11/7/2012 10:25:57 PM)

Is a 1(0) port the same as a 1(1) port as far as loading/unloading rates? I'd have thought they would but I've noticed it seems as though in game not so much.

witpqs -> RE: port unloading rates (11/7/2012 11:51:40 PM)

AFAIK, the port size (or the airfield size for that matter) is what it is. The number in parentheses is the basic size to which it can build with 'normal' effort. Going to the number in parentheses +3 size requires much greater effort (& supplies).

Wally Wilson -> RE: port unloading rates (11/8/2012 12:45:07 AM)

The supply throughput should be the same on a 1(0) port as a 1(1) port, afaik.

SuluSea -> RE: port unloading rates (11/8/2012 1:04:19 AM)

The numbers in parentheses are the locations SPS rating (Standard Potential Size) as already pointed out a port or airfield can be expanded 3 sizes past the SPS rating at a higher cost and slower rate... Loading unloading is the same for 1 (0) & 1 (1) ..

jcjordan -> RE: port unloading rates (11/8/2012 3:35:05 AM)

I knew about the max build part it was just on the unload/load part based on port size. I've been trying to load up some supply in a rear area base & no matter what kind of ships I use be it xAK, AK, AKA, LST, LC type it's very slow & the base is a 1(0) base but it seems that the same thing wasn't happening at 1(1) base. I was wondering if there was some difference based on base A started as "undeveloped" vs base B that had some "better facilities" to start with type of situation. I'll watch it a bit more to see if it's just that my mind has gone to the Pacific or not.

Gridley380 -> RE: port unloading rates (11/8/2012 3:46:10 AM)

Note also if you have any naval support or shore party active at the base they will change the load/unload rate.

dr.hal -> RE: port unloading rates (11/8/2012 3:07:52 PM)

naval support really helps, get some of those to even a zero "port" and things will happen....

PaxMondo -> RE: port unloading rates (11/8/2012 11:15:06 PM)

Resources and Oil load rates are also affected by resource and oil factories at that base.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.660156E-02