Assaulting buildings and bunkers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support

Dino1984 -> Assaulting buildings and bunkers (11/6/2012 8:34:44 AM)

Hi all,

Normally when infantry is assaulting bunker, they just throw grenades into it without exposing themself (ie. standing in front of window or door), then run inside and shoot whoever stay alive. In CC only method to assault is to "Move Fast" into it - squad is running, but not shooting (soldier can't shoot while moving, especially when target is like 3 meters from him?)and mostly whole team is killed before they reach door... sad.
It is very detail game (we are fighting for each building, each bunker or trench) and inability of proper assault actions is IMHO huge neglect.
Or maybe I'm wrong, and there is way to assault bunker, or building? How you guys are dealing with it?
I got really angry when in Merville Battery four squads went into one bunker and I had no way to get them out and had to accept truce instead of just killing everybody:(

Dino1984 -> RE: Assaulting buildings and bunkers (11/9/2012 8:03:09 AM)

Anyone alive here...?

Steve McClaire -> RE: Assaulting buildings and bunkers (11/13/2012 6:50:57 PM)

Sorry for the delay. The upcoming release of Close Combat Panthers in the Fog has been taking up all of my time.

You can order your soldiers to area fire into the building / bunker before you rush them inside. Move them outside the bunker, give a FIRE order and target the area inside. Soldiers can throw grenades at 30m or less, and will often throw them even if they cannot see the target point. They'll also fire small arms if they can. Both of these will help suppress any defenders. Then you can give a MOVE FAST order to rush them inside.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.171875E-02