Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

Michael T -> Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/2/2012 2:17:29 AM)

New Air Supply bug found [X(]

No need to attach a file as its so easy to replicate.

According to the rules only ONE air supply mission should be possible per non transport air unit.

However if you fly the air (fuel) supply mission to the same hex that the receiving unit (read Mech unit) is based in, that is the air unit and the ground unit are in the same hex. Then the mileage for that air unit remains at zero % after the mission is flown. This means you can fly numerous air supply missions to your base hex with non transport air units. If you park your thirsty Pz/Mot units on the airfield you can top up over and over again with the same level bomber units, like a gas station. The only limit is that eventually all the aircraft will become damaged. But by my rough calcs you can at least triple the amount of fuel/ammo delivered over what should be possible according to the rules.

I hope this gets fixed ASAP [&o][&o][&o]

Pelton, I trust you won't use this exploit on me [:-]

@ 2by3 you can deposit my usual fee or send on a free copy of WITW [:D]

Pelton -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/2/2012 2:50:33 AM)

No Sir

Thanks for finding that.

Kamil and M60 will not feel so out skilled now at least and Sapper is a moral now.

Pelton -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/2/2012 2:52:33 AM)

2by3 really really needs a few younger play testers.

Wally Wilson -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/2/2012 3:13:26 AM)

So the bombers load up with fuel and taxi over to the tank park and unload it?

sillyflower -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/2/2012 9:17:03 AM)

seems reasonable to me as long as the bombers stay on the broken rail lines and don't get in the way of the RR units[;)]

76mm -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/2/2012 9:38:09 AM)

nice one...I wonder how many more of these gems we'll (uh, actually Michael T) find?

glvaca -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/2/2012 10:14:50 AM)

good find Michael!

Denniss -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/2/2012 1:02:30 PM)

Does it only happen with fuel transport or also with supply transport?

Marquo -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/2/2012 1:41:38 PM)

Ah, the smell of coffee and freshly clipped cardboard counters, neatly stacked on a sprawling multicolored map....

Pelton -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/2/2012 1:55:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marquo

Ah, the smell of coffee and freshly clipped cardboard counters, neatly stacked on a sprawling multicolored map....

what kind of coffee do you drink?

More like fuel soaked cardboard counters [sm=comp16.gif]

Baelfiin -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/2/2012 2:01:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marquo

Sounds like a combined EFS game ready for play 8)

Marquo -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/4/2012 1:16:18 PM)

Yes...EFS is outstanding. And the new release of GMT's Ardennes'44 is awesome.

Michael T -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/6/2012 12:26:34 AM)

Could someone from 2by3 or Matrix confirm that this bug has been flagged and something is going to be done about it soon. Its a fairly serious bug.

Denniss -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/6/2012 12:41:30 AM)

Is on the Buglist as BG0097.
BTW does anyone, who recently read the manual, know what's written there regarding the fuel/supply source for these airsupply missions? At least with supply drops I couldn't really see a lot of supply removed from the airbase stores - bombers/transports always drop far more than that.

Baelfiin -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/6/2012 3:57:26 AM)

Denniss:

As far as I could tell air drop supplies come out of the general pool, not out of the airbase counter itself.

Helpless -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/6/2012 8:28:11 AM)

It comes from air base.

janh -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/6/2012 9:28:45 AM)

Who even has the fantasy to get this idea??? Never even thought to put my airbases on same hexes as my mobile ground forces. Thanks for finding this!

elmo3 -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/6/2012 12:18:44 PM)

Added to the bug list as BG0097.

Denniss -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/6/2012 3:44:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

It comes from air base.
Then please add this to BG0097 as well as a) units drop far more supplies than supply taken from base and b) air bases with level bombers do not really have enough supply requirement for a single air supply run. Except if the supply is taken from the ammunition storage of the airbase which I couldn't observe either.

Helpless -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/6/2012 3:56:45 PM)

I'm yet to see it. Last time when I checked it was opposite, i.e. the way it should be.

Joel Billings -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/26/2012 11:38:06 PM)

Two changes are currently being tested:

New Rule Air transport missions may only be flown by air groups that are located on airbases within 5 MPs of a supply source (rail net).

Fixed a bug where air groups that flew missions to the same hex that their airbase was located in were not being charged miles flown. Now a nominal amount of miles flown is charged to the air group. This will prevent heavy bombers from being able to fly repeated air transport missions in the same turn when flying to their same hex.

We will have at least one more round of changes this week to go into test before a public beta version is made available to the public, so I can't give you a precise ETA for the public beta except to say sometime in December. Thanks for bringing this item to our attention.

Michael T -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/26/2012 11:57:02 PM)

Thanks for fixing it :)

Pelton -> RE: Secrets of the Luftwaffe (Mega Fuel Harvest Pt 2) (11/27/2012 2:44:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael T

@ 2by3 you can deposit my usual fee or send on a free copy of WITW [:D]

OHH the gems to be found in witw, hehehe

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.539063E-02