Merging 2 Brigdes into a rifle divisions? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

Pelton -> Merging 2 Brigdes into a rifle divisions? (10/31/2012 2:15:50 AM)

OK it should be easy to do and not like opening a safe as per 7.5.3.1

I simply can't get 2 units to merge, 3 cavs make a Corp np works every time.

The rules say stack 2 units and merge. I have tried about 20 different units and none merge.

Now if there are other little top secret things that poeple need can someone tell me?

If its not that simple why is something so basic and important not clearly explained in the rules?

Michael T -> RE: Merging 2 Brigdes into a rifle divisions? (10/31/2012 2:22:47 AM)

No earlier than turn 47.

elmo3 -> RE: Merging 2 Brigdes into a rifle divisions? (10/31/2012 2:31:32 AM)

Static and frozen units can't merge. Soviet rifle brigades can't merge into divisions prior to May '42. Also check 7.5.3.6 for restrictions on merging units. However without more details on specifically what units you are trying to merge it's hard to say what is happening. As always, a save file that repeats the problem really helps.

Pelton -> RE: Merging 2 Brigdes into a rifle divisions? (10/31/2012 9:15:35 AM)

Both old and newer rule book say June 41. Must be newer patch change?

Ok thks for quick responce.

randallw -> RE: Merging 2 Brigdes into a rifle divisions? (10/31/2012 9:16:52 AM)

It's possible that the brigades all need some type of 'rifle' designation ( there may be a few units that are 'infantry'? ). All the brigades need at least one MP too.

elmo3 -> RE: Merging 2 Brigdes into a rifle divisions? (10/31/2012 11:00:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton

Both old and newer rule book say June 41. Must be newer patch change?

Ok thks for quick responce.

Nope it's a very old change. See page 322 in the WITE-Manual-[US_Letter].pdf version of the manual:

quote:

v1.03 Beta 2 - January 21, 2011

New Features and Rule Changes
3. Restricted Soviet Rifle brigades so they canít merge into Rifle Divisions prior to May-1942.

jaw -> RE: Merging 2 Brigdes into a rifle divisions? (10/31/2012 1:17:47 PM)

I would add that one of the best reasons to merge rifle brigades into rifle divisions is to used them IMMEDIATELY to create the early (rifle brigade based) rifle corps. These corps are a effective way of pruning down the rifle brigades without initially incurring a lot of arms points requirements and will ultimately upgrade to full blown rifle corps later in 1942.

Denniss -> RE: Merging 2 Brigdes into a rifle divisions? (10/31/2012 1:24:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

Nope it's a very old change. See page 322 in the WITE-Manual-[US_Letter].pdf version of the manual:

quote:

v1.03 Beta 2 - January 21, 2011

New Features and Rule Changes
3. Restricted Soviet Rifle brigades so they canít merge into Rifle Divisions prior to May-1942.

Also on page 105, outlined in red

gingerbread -> RE: Merging 2 Brigdes into a rifle divisions? (10/31/2012 10:42:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jaw

I would add that one of the best reasons to merge rifle brigades into rifle divisions is to used them IMMEDIATELY to create the early (rifle brigade based) rifle corps. These corps are a effective way of pruning down the rifle brigades without initially incurring a lot of arms points requirements and will ultimately upgrade to full blown rifle corps later in 1942.

It's still 20 AP to do that.

jaw -> RE: Merging 2 Brigdes into a rifle divisions? (11/1/2012 1:24:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerbread

quote:

ORIGINAL: jaw

It's still 20 AP to do that.

True but considering that you've got to gather five rifle brigades together in the same spot it's not something you will be doing a lot of. I would argue for not creating more than 1 rifle brigade based rifle corps per turn if that many. Remember that in the time period that these corps make sense to create there's not a lot of other things to build. Two rifle divisions cost as much as the early rifle corps and ultimately deliever only 2/3 the firepower (after the corps upgrades).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI