Windows 8 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support

junk2drive -> Windows 8 (10/28/2012 2:46:39 AM)

I upgraded from XP to 8 and chose to transfer files. After installation the Matrix games folder was still on my C: drive with PCO inside. PCO would not run as I expected. PCO was not listed in apps for uninstall. I deleted the Matrix folder and installed PCO fresh allowing .Net and DX to run.

.Net 1.1 did not seem to run and did not show in installed apps.

I could not run PCO or configuration from the game menu or directly from the exe.

I went to Microsoft and installed the .Net 1.1 package from here

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26

PCO is now running.

Rick -> RE: Windows 8 (10/28/2012 6:37:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

I upgraded from XP to 8 and chose to transfer files. After installation the Matrix games folder was still on my C: drive with PCO inside. PCO would not run as I expected. PCO was not listed in apps for uninstall. I deleted the Matrix folder and installed PCO fresh allowing .Net and DX to run.

.Net 1.1 did not seem to run and did not show in installed apps.

I could not run PCO or configuration from the game menu or directly from the exe.

I went to Microsoft and installed the .Net 1.1 package from here

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26

PCO is now running.

this is good information to know. Thanks for checking this!

Rick

Yoozername -> RE: Windows 8 (12/6/2012 11:36:16 PM)

Same here. Runs on my Win8 PC. Will install on Win8 notebook next.

There is some alert message when installing PCO on Win8. Something like there already is a version of Net etc. I did what junk did and all is good.

Yoozername -> RE: Windows 8 (12/12/2012 5:17:53 AM)

I also installed on a Core I7 quad notebook with windows 8. Very fast load times compared with dual-core. When installing the game, some pop-up informed me that there was intense cpu usage.

Templer -> RE: Windows 8 (6/28/2013 7:07:45 PM)

You're lucky.

I had the same problem - I can not run PCO and I can not start configuration.
All other items from the menu I can use. .Net 1.1 don't help. -> Microsoft .NET Framework Setup
---------------------------
Setup cannot install Microsoft .NET Framework because another version of the product is already installed.

Great, now I have a new fast PC - but I also have new quick trouble. [:@]

Had any ideas?

Templer -> RE: Windows 8 (7/5/2013 7:06:49 PM)

I have uninstalled Panzer Command Ostfront and thereafter reinstalled it. Works wonderfull now.

Rick -> RE: Windows 8 (7/6/2013 8:51:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Templer

I have uninstalled Panzer Command Ostfront and thereafter reinstalled it. Works wonderfull now.

Thanks for posting Templar. I missed your earlier message. (though even had I seen it, I'm not sure I could have helped as I don't have Win 8)

Glad you got it working.

Thanks
RIck

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02