Help / Question: Windows 7 Premium vs. Pro / 32 bit vs. 64 bit (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support

mandraker -> Help / Question: Windows 7 Premium vs. Pro / 32 bit vs. 64 bit (10/27/2012 7:36:23 PM)

I am planning to buy a new computer possibly a Cyberpower ZEUS THUNDER 3000 with AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card . And I was wondering if any one could help me picking an operating system that would best be used playing Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition. Here are the options. Thank you in advance.

1. Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition

2. Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit Edition

3. Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Edition

4. Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32-bit Edition

TonyE -> RE: Help / Question: Windows 7 Premium vs. Pro / 32 bit vs. 64 bit (10/27/2012 7:46:32 PM)

If the only use of the computer is to play Harpoon then the optimal operating system would be Win7 Home 32-bit (heck, even Home Basic would do).

My recommendation is Win 7 Pro 64-bit so that you can make the best use of the computer overall. The Pro version includes a license for Windows XP Mode that will allow you to run the Harpoon Classic Scenario Editor (along with many other applications that won't run in Windows 7 64-bit). You check check out http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?/files/file/718-docs-scenario-editor-in-windows-xp-mode/ for seeing about getting the HC scenario editor running. The H3 scenario editors will run fine natively in Win7 64-bit (and 32-bit).

mandraker -> RE: Help / Question: Windows 7 Premium vs. Pro / 32 bit vs. 64 bit (10/27/2012 7:55:14 PM)

Hello Tony

Thank you very much for you quick response nd the thoughtful advise. I greatly appreciate your help. Have a great weekend.

Best regards
Mandraker

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI