OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

SuluSea -> OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/27/2012 4:33:46 PM)

Hold onto your hats people in the Mid Atlantic and Northeast. I'm not far from Annapolis myself wishing all in the path the best...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49578116

[image]http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT18/refresh/AL1812W5_NL+gif/150615W5_NL_sm.gif[/image]

fodder -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/27/2012 4:58:07 PM)

It's sitting off the coast here now. Not much happening on land today, a little wind and cloudy, yesterday we were lined up with a rain band and got four inches of rain in three hours. I did hear three KA-BOOMS as transformers blew, but the power never went out. As far as down here goes, it's a ho-hum storm.

RisingSun -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/27/2012 6:53:30 PM)

Look like it coming at me, living north of albany about 30mins away. So there no telling how strong this storm will be by the time it get here.

Chickenboy -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/27/2012 7:53:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

Hold onto your hats people in the Mid Atlantic and Northeast. I'm not far from Annapolis myself wishing all in the path the best...

Keep your head down and stay safe, SuluSea.

MineSweeper -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 12:02:51 AM)

Feeling the effects now....50mph gusts and about 2 inches of rain so far....not too bad.
Taking out the Labrador to do his business is the worst part atm...

zuluhour -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 2:29:31 AM)

Hello Sulu, not far from you (just north of Towson) we are prepared and await the storm.
peace-out

JohnDillworth -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 2:33:53 AM)

I live in a coastal village on Long Island. I'm on a hill above a harbor. It's a good day to be on the hill. I work in NYC. I have a meeting with the FDNY Chief of Operations for NYC at 3PM Monday. I suspect the Chief will be busy and my meeting will be canceled. Forecast stays as predicted I won't make it in anyway. Might be candles , lights and books for a couple of days though...oh, and wine, we have wine.

tc464 -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 2:59:55 AM)

I'm in Lorton, VA just south of DC. Got a camp stove, food, water, candles, AR-15 ready to go. Just waiting to shoot me some looters [:D]

SuluSea -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 2:22:27 PM)

Thanks guys! [:)]

As many know the latest forecast has the Jersey Shore and coastal areas of New York getting the worst of the storm surge. I'm wishing you guys the best.

floydg -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 3:34:07 PM)

Yeah, here on the NJ coast, we're ready to get slammed...

DOCUP -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 5:18:52 PM)

Good luck guys.  Rainy here in WVA expecting snow and ice.

House Stark -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 5:49:49 PM)

I'm in Maryland just outside DC. Currently in the middle-intensity range on all the storm tracking graphs, so I have no idea whether its going to be a lot of rain, or a lot of rain with sustained high winds. I hope Pepco (power utility) is ready; they can't claim ignorance of the storm this time around like they usually do.

joey -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 5:54:32 PM)

I am in Delaware where just about every model is saying the eye should pass over Monday night. Should be an interesting next few days.

Natali -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 5:59:23 PM)

I live in the desert and always wanted to know what having real weather would be like. Then I see things like this and change my mind.
Surely do hope everybody comes through safe and sound.

joey -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 7:41:02 PM)

I have been through a few hurricanes. A lot of wind, rain, and an occasional tornado. Trees fall over, power goes out, and water, water everywhere. Lots of water. The wind is the most incredible. I enjoy going outside and just trying to stand up in the wind. Boy, that is so difficult!

Canoerebel -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 8:50:03 PM)

Good luck to all our AE brethren in the Middle Atlantic states.  I hope Sandy isn't as tough as Bullwinkle's wife (a passing reference to his comment in a One-Eyed-Jacks thread).

Remember Hurricane Camille in 1969?  That lady was still at hurricane force when she reached Memphis, hundreds of miles inland. 

[X(]

Hurricanes are something to behold. 

MineSweeper -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq (10/28/2012 9:49:24 PM)

Outer Banks weather update - nearly 12 inches of rain has fallen over the last two days...winds gusting to 60 Mph. Lost power for a about an hour, other than that alls well.

Stay safe for you guys in it's path

ilovestrategy -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq (10/28/2012 10:09:13 PM)

Reminds me of when I was in the Marine Corps on a troop ship in a storm off of Korea. I remember being amazed that sailors get seasick. I was happy because not too many people went to the mess and I got to have seconds and thirds. I don't get seasick so my only problem was keeping my tray and cup from sliding off of the table.

Just how did you Navy boys do that anyway?

denisonh -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 10:27:58 PM)

Same here, but instead of an AR-15 have an M-1D Garand and Lee-Enfield Mk III SMLE as I am a true WWII adherent.....
quote:

ORIGINAL: tc464

I'm in Lorton, VA just south of DC. Got a camp stove, food, water, candles, AR-15 ready to go. Just waiting to shoot me some looters [:D]

1EyedJacks -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm' (10/28/2012 10:41:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Good luck to all our AE brethren in the Middle Atlantic states.  I hope Sandy isn't as tough as Bullwinkle's wife (a passing reference to his comment in a One-Eyed-Jacks thread).

Remember Hurricane Camille in 1969?  That lady was still at hurricane force when she reached Memphis, hundreds of miles inland. 

[X(]

Hurricanes are something to behold. 

Preferably from a distance. I spent some time in the Philippines around Subic Bay in the early 70s and saw a few typhoons. I think the best place to behold one a hurricane/typhoon is from a place with good weather & sunshine...

1EyedJacks -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq (10/28/2012 10:42:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

Reminds me of when I was in the Marine Corps on a troop ship in a storm off of Korea. I remember being amazed that sailors get seasick. I was happy because not too many people went to the mess and I got to have seconds and thirds. I don't get seasick so my only problem was keeping my tray and cup from sliding off of the table.

Now you know why sailors chew bubble-gum during bouts of rough weather... [;)]

Commander Cody -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq (10/29/2012 7:47:40 AM)

Good luck you guys. We had two typhoons within three days here several weeks ago. A lot of hype on the local news, but fortunately not too much damage (in Seoul, anyway).

Cheers,
CC

CaptDave -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq (10/29/2012 8:55:49 AM)

I went through 4 typhoons in my 2 years on Guam as a weather officer, so have some idea of what you guys are facing. All the best thoughts headed your way!

Frank -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq (10/29/2012 11:38:13 AM)

Good luck everyone!

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq (10/29/2012 12:56:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

Cupped hands and no fear of burns.

joey -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq (10/29/2012 2:59:23 PM)

In Delaware it has been raining for about 24 hours. Very heavy for the last 18 hours. Winds are gale force now. But the lights are still on!

Gilbert -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq (10/29/2012 4:01:12 PM)

Bounty tall ship replica has sunk. Two crew missing.

See news here: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/29/us/sandy-bounty-ship/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Gilbert

obvert -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq (10/29/2012 4:16:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gilbert

Bounty tall ship replica has sunk. Two crew missing.

See news here: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/29/us/sandy-bounty-ship/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Gilbert

What were they doing so close to this storm in the first place? It's certainly not been a surprise for anyone. Tragic to lose such a beauty.

Good luck to all of you in the path. I've hunkered down for a few of these during my days in the triangle area in NC. No direct hits, but plenty of wind and rain.

The Gnome -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq (10/29/2012 5:43:12 PM)

Monday afternoon here in Philadelphia and it has been raining off and on since last night. The storm isn't expected to hit here until much later tonight or early AM.

Friends in NJ are getting worse, much worse on the coast.

KMCCARTHY -> RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq (10/30/2012 1:40:18 PM)

@ Annapolis Maryland, USA.

Neighbor he's in the mid East, lost a tree. Minor power flickers.
[&o]

NYC got thumped.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI