Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series

tjhkkr -> Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/26/2012 4:15:43 AM)

Okay gang,
I am getting pretty tired of my scouts going into the Ancient Guardians home system looking for fuel or exploring the place... eventually they get riled and start shooting up my ships.[sm=scared0018.gif]
How do I keep my ships out of their territory.
Now mind you, the same thing happened with Death Watch Command (Mandalorians) who hate my guts, and they did not shoot me up... but the Mandalores might be frightened of me, where as the Guardians are not...[sm=00000506.gif]

How do I keep out of people's territory who I really do not want to offend or have them blow my ships away?

adecoy95 -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/26/2012 4:45:46 AM)

they will shoot you if your reputation is too low

Haree78 -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/26/2012 2:36:54 PM)

Your scouts wont bother the AGs at all. They will shoot them if you have given them reason to dislike you, low reputation etc but the scouts themselves wont affect relationships.
If you want to stop military ships then scuttle any bases you have in their territory.

Shark7 -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/26/2012 3:51:01 PM)

My scouts will certainly rile up the AGs. But then, my scouts are also armed to the teeth. [;)]

I've never liked completely unarmed scouts, too many nasty things out there and I like to be able to shoot back.

tjhkkr -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/26/2012 8:24:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7
My scouts will certainly rile up the AGs. But then, my scouts are also armed to the teeth. [;)]
I've never liked completely unarmed scouts, too many nasty things out there and I like to be able to shoot back.

My scouts are armed and shielded for the very same reason. But I only give them enough to back away.
Myy reputation with the Ancient Guardians is always good. I never provoke them. They still shoot up my ships. But then I do not know if my scouts are firing on the Ancient Guardians or not. I do not think so...

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/26/2012 8:36:37 PM)

An armed ship is fair game and should be shot up.

tjhkkr -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/26/2012 9:24:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76
An armed ship is fair game and should be shot up.

Okay.

But I am still left with the question, how do I keep them out; I DO NOT WANT them to enter into another's territory.
Is there a way game-wise to keep my scouts out without taking manual control over them?

Dracus -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/27/2012 3:54:40 AM)

no there is not. Don't arm the scouts and the AG will not shoot them. When you arm them, the AG view them as warships that are traspassing.

Shark7 -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/27/2012 6:52:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

quote:

My scouts are armed and shielded for the very same reason. But I only give them enough to back away.
Myy reputation with the Ancient Guardians is always good. I never provoke them. They still shoot up my ships. But then I do not know if my scouts are firing on the Ancient Guardians or not. I do not think so...

Hehe, my current design has 128 firepower and 400 shields.

2 Area weapons and 2 rail guns, IIRC. [;)]

Shark7 -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/27/2012 6:53:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dracus

no there is not. Don't arm the scouts and the AG will not shoot them. When you arm them, the AG view them as warships that are traspassing.

Personally I just ignore their protests. And if they do attack me, it just gives me the excuse to conquer them (which is what I planned to do all along). [sm=00000622.gif]

Ralzakark -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/27/2012 9:01:30 AM)

My scouts are never armed and have minimal armour and shielding, but they are stuffed full of engines and thrusters so they can rapidly escape. I rarely loose any of them. Not being armed they don't get shot at either except by pirates.

tjhkkr -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/28/2012 1:18:19 AM)

quote:

Personally I just ignore their protests. And if they do attack me, it just gives me the excuse to conquer them (which is what I planned to do all along). [sm=00000622.gif]

You conquor the Ancient Guardians?
I am impressed.

I have not tried it myself, but I watched Black Sun try... Prince Xizor got a little hurt (That was a surprise move on that character's part because I made him cautious in the my character profile for him. I think the Ancient Gaurdians Carbon Froze him...

tjhkkr -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/28/2012 1:24:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ralzakark
My scouts are never armed and have minimal armour and shielding, but they are stuffed full of engines and thrusters so they can rapidly escape. I rarely loose any of them. Not being armed they don't get shot at either except by pirates.

That is why I armed my scouts... because of pirates. And since I have pirates set to the highest setting, they are all over the place...

Brainsucker -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/28/2012 1:54:01 AM)

Well for me, the exploration ship or "Scout" is just a dispose-able ship. So I don't care if they are being attacked by Pirates, Giant Kaltor, or even other nations. Right now I even have more than 30 scouts (although they are not armed... yet). Now after I possess the "World Destruction" ship, I'll armed my scout and will provoke my neighbors [sm=00000622.gif]. But maybe I just need to build a monitoring station or putting one of my patrol group (contains 5 ships) to their territory. But that will do after my biggest fleet reach 20 or 30 unit of ships.

Brainsucker -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/28/2012 1:57:08 AM)

edit : sorry, double post

Shark7 -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/28/2012 4:01:18 AM)

You can't do it early, you have to do it late and have a massive military. The AGs I just ignore, the other races...well they get subjugated.

Ralzakark -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/28/2012 9:21:35 AM)

One of the good things about this game is that there is often no one, right answer to a problem. I use fast and manoeverable explorers to avoid trouble, others arm them or just mass-produce them and accept many will be destroyed (which I do when playing the Gizureans). All have they advantages and disadvantages, all work better in some circumstances than others.

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/28/2012 12:08:12 PM)

quote:

One of the good things about this game is that there is often no one, right answer to a problem. I use fast and manoeverable explorers to avoid trouble, others arm them or just mass-produce them and accept many will be destroyed (which I do when playing the Gizureans). All have they advantages and disadvantages, all work better in some circumstances than others.

Well said!

tjhkkr -> RE: Ships getting shot up when they enter another empire's space. (10/29/2012 7:34:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1
quote:

Well said!

I agree.

I had simply hoped there was an exclusion zone feature that I was missing (because there is a lot of cool features in the game, and I am only using part of it).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02