walk through of Coral sea or Guadalcanal? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Major SNAFU -> walk through of Coral sea or Guadalcanal? (10/21/2012 4:22:16 PM)

Hi all,

I would have sworn that there was an AAR/walk through for one or both of these small scenarios posted, but now that I have some time to once again spend some time with this game and the latest update, I cannot find them.

Am I mis-remembering?

mikkey -> RE: walk through of Coral sea or Guadalcanal? (10/22/2012 11:40:56 AM)

+1
I found this useful Guadalcanal AAR from early version of AE

Puhis -> RE: walk through of Coral sea or Guadalcanal? (10/22/2012 11:47:05 AM)

Coral sea walktrough [:)]

Allies:
1) Form a carrier TF
2) Sink japanese carriers
3) Sink japanese transports

Japan:
1) Form a carrier TF
2) Sink USN carriers
3) Capture Port Moresby

Major SNAFU -> RE: walk through of Coral sea or Guadalcanal? (10/22/2012 6:58:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

Coral sea walktrough [:)]

Allies:
1) Form a carrier TF
2) Sink japanese carriers
3) Sink japanese transports

Japan:
1) Form a carrier TF
2) Sink USN carriers
3) Capture Port Moresby

Ah.

I missed points 1-3 inclusive. ;)

Major SNAFU -> RE: walk through of Coral sea or Guadalcanal? (10/22/2012 6:59:12 PM)

Thanks!

henhute6 -> RE: walk through of Coral sea or Guadalcanal? (10/23/2012 8:08:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

Japan:
1) Form a carrier TF
2) Sink USN carriers
3) Capture Port Moresby

Not enough troops to capture Port Moresby. I recaptured Lunga and Tulagi and took Milne Bay and then ended the scenario.

kevin_hx -> RE: walk through of Coral sea or Guadalcanal? (10/23/2012 9:15:22 AM)

It's enough to capture PM with original troops on transports TF.

Puhis -> RE: walk through of Coral sea or Guadalcanal? (10/23/2012 10:47:07 AM)

Coral Sea is pretty straightforward tiny scenario. Basicly both sides have only one goal. It's more like a tutorial.

Guadalcanal is different. More strategic options with very limited resources and small bases. IMO Guadalcanal gives best feeling how the war was actually fought.

kevin_hx -> RE: walk through of Coral sea or Guadalcanal? (10/26/2012 9:24:12 AM)

Coral Sea Scenario is to training your CV tactical skill,
and Guadalcanal Scenario is to training not only CV tactical but also amphibious skills.

henhute6 -> RE: walk through of Coral sea or Guadalcanal? (10/26/2012 11:22:08 AM)

And the challenge continues in Marianas. Pretty impossible to slay all Allied CV's. Surface task forces are the best bet to reduce them and kill amphibious fleets. Japanese carriers should try to avoid enemy carriers and strike undefended targets.

I have locked situation going on. Americans are on the Saipan beach with slightly bigger force, but still not able to attack.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02