Computer freezing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

george456 -> Computer freezing (10/12/2012 9:10:45 AM)

Hello to everyone. I have some technical problem running the game, so I registered to seek help solving the issue.

I have bought the full game pack with all the expansions a few months ago. I really like the game, but It seems it has developed a serious crashing problem. At first the game run smoothly and I did play it for about 3 days for about 3 hours each day. No problems. But then the game froze bad time. Not even crash to desktop, It was a proper computer freeze, where screen goes black and nothing short of hard reset button works.

I have been looking for a solution back then and saw that there is a patch comming out soon, so I have shelved the game and waited if the patch is going to solve the issue. Sadly I had no such luck. Yesterday I have checked the game for updates and it downloaded a new patch (1.7.0.16). After the patch I have started a fresh game, not an old save, but in under 5 minutes of gameplay the game froze again. I am reluctant to go and try different settings in options and or windows, since every time it freezes I have to hard reset the computer.

my specs:
Win 7 Proffesional
Amd Athlon 64 dual core
Ati Radeon HD 6870 ( 1GB video RAM)
4 GB Corsair RAM

I really hope this is simply some sort of setting issue, since I very much like the game.
Thank you in advance.

Iain McNeil -> RE: Computer freezing (10/12/2012 9:35:14 AM)

Which game? :)

george456 -> RE: Computer freezing (10/12/2012 10:39:12 AM)

Yes, sorry I have found out this is the general forum. Its Distant Worlds.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02