Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury

Andrew Loveridge -> Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/10/2012 5:17:34 PM)

Hello all,

We have a new patch in the works for Time of Fury. The Beta version of 1.03 is in the Members Club. It has a number of fixes and improvements. Please check it out and let us know how it works for you.

[Edit] Updated file 1.03 beta 2 is available in the Members Club.

Change List
v1.03 Oct 1, 2012

Fixes

• Number of people and equipment in units now displayed correctly.
    • Fleets without any naval units assigned are now automatically disbanded at the end of the turn.

Gameplay

• Now if a unit is returned to the force pool with a commander, then the commander is reassigned from the unit.
    • Changed supply schedule, now convoys are performed after selecting supply sources by units.
    • It is now possible to see full description for all events

Features

• It is possible now that the Disembark will fail every time a unit will try to unload from a sea zone where enemy fleet has got advantage.

GUI

• If a unit is hidden under the Fog of War, then clicking on a hex with that unit does not reveal Unit Panel.

Other

• If unit has got -1,-1 coordinates assigned it is always put into the reserve, even if the proper value is not entered.

Hairog -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/16/2012 6:53:15 AM)

Sounds like some good progress on some sticky issues. Great news.

Rasputitsa -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/17/2012 9:48:12 AM)

Perhaps this needs to be noted here.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3197706

This is a bigger problem than the faulty casualty display error, which was mainly cosmetic, because this one does affect the combat results.

doomtrader -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/17/2012 11:01:50 AM)

Working on this

Rasputitsa -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/17/2012 11:31:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader
Working on this

I know it doesn't help to keep questioning, but does this look like an easy fix, or something bigger. Just begun to restart the games, but this has put it back on hold.[:)]

doomtrader -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/17/2012 4:54:35 PM)

Should be easy to fix it, as it works for SWiE properly.

Rasputitsa -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/17/2012 5:18:30 PM)

quote:

Should be easy to fix it, as it works for SWiE properly.

That's good news, thanks.[:)]

RandomAttack -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/18/2012 12:02:02 AM)

There also appear to be issues with movement. Example: German armor can go thru forest for 1AP (should be 2 per manual) and swamp for 2AP (should be 4 per manual). Hills seem to work correctly, but I'm not sure if they are cumulative?? For example, armor into hill & forest hex for 2 AP. Also not sure the terrain & ZOC penalty total are adding up appropriately even when the terrain component seems correct. Frankly, I can't figure it all out but there appear to be issues.

doomtrader -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/18/2012 7:00:55 AM)

quote:

There also appear to be issues with movement. Example: German armor can go thru forest for 1AP (should be 2 per manual) and swamp for 2AP (should be 4 per manual). Hills seem to work correctly, but I'm not sure if they are cumulative?? For example, armor into hill & forest hex for 2 AP. Also not sure the terrain & ZOC penalty total are adding up appropriately even when the terrain component seems correct. Frankly, I can't figure it all out but there appear to be issues.

Actually this could be changed due some events during the game, but I will check this.

NativeTexan -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/18/2012 11:25:57 PM)

Doomtrader,

Any feedback on these two possible issues? I described these issues in two seperate threads but wanted to make sure they were not missed for any future patches.

Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------
1. With a specific human/ai setting, during the AI's turn in the grand campaign, the fog of war does not appear to be working correctly.

Please see below thread for more details.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3197853

Problem Description:
During the Allies turn (France & England) the Fog of War changed to the point of view of the allied countries. I was able to see all of the Allied units in both france and England during it's turn. When it was the Axis human turn the fog of war would only show what was appropriate for the axis player to observe.

If the only human player was German, this behavior was not observed. I did verify my FOW setting was 2 hexes.

--------------------------------------------------------

2. I am observing some very gamey behavior from the AI in the use of Paratroopers.

Please see below thread for more details.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3197419

RandomAttack -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/19/2012 12:31:22 AM)

quote:

quote:

Actually this could be changed due some events during the game, but I will check this.

It was turn 1 of Barbarossa, quick start as axis. I don't believe any events had fired at that point. Thanks for checking. [:)]

elmerlee -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/24/2012 5:48:34 PM)

Well Doomtrader....could we please get an update on
the terrain issue?

The game is really unplayable like this and it is
surely one of the worst bugs to showup yet.

doomtrader -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/25/2012 8:02:19 AM)

It has been already fixed.
The files were send last night to Matrix, so I assume it will be released at the nearest gap

Rasputitsa -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/25/2012 9:45:52 AM)

Thanks, that's good to know.[:)]

elmerlee -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/25/2012 3:37:24 PM)

Thanks Doom....Love the game.

Swedewolf -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/25/2012 6:40:04 PM)

Yup I love the game too. Good job, Doom.

doomtrader -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/26/2012 6:53:47 AM)

That's the best news a developer can get guys.

(OK, just after feedback from publisher that the sale is skyrocketing)

gwgardner -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (10/26/2012 3:59:36 PM)

sale of what is skyrocketing? ToF? And why now? Congrats.

Andrew Loveridge -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (11/2/2012 4:56:41 PM)

Public Beta File updated in Members Club to v1.03beta2.

Rasputitsa -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (11/2/2012 5:04:39 PM)

Thanks very much. [:)]

Swedewolf -> RE: Time of Fury v1.03 Beta Patch (11/2/2012 8:11:36 PM)

Nice!Good news.

Omnius -> Quisling Event Missing? (11/3/2012 3:56:51 PM)

One thing I noticed in 1.02 was how Germany DOW'd Denmark and Norway on the first April turn of 1940 and every time it conquered both countries that turn. What always caught my attention was how the AI was able to conquer Norway without having a single unit in the country. I did another test of the 1939 Grand Campaign scenario as Switzerland and I noticed that in 1.03 the German AI DOW'd both countries but only conquered Denmark. Norway was not conquered.

I tried a test of it in my 1.03 1939 Grand Campaign game playing all countries and discovered the Denmark surrender event which I just answered yes to to see what happened. I then tested out Norway once I had my airborne unit in place and ready to jump. I just DOW'd Norway as a test and dropped the airborne unit which got diminished by the full strength Norway fighter unit and it died when I tried to attack the full strength unit in Oslo. Then I clicked through the other countries to see if I'd see a "Quisling" event as Norway where I could surrender or fight on just like I saw I could do as Denmark at the end of the turn when events normally happen.

So I'm wondering if someone somehow deleted or disabled that Quisling event I used to see Germany use every time I watched it DOW and conquer Norway with no units? It should be brought back so that the German AI doesn't DOW Norway thus giving it to the Allied side. Either that or you need to edit Germany so it doesn't DOW Norway since it will never take it. The one event I did see from DOW'ing Norway was the one where Germany loses 5 WE for the Allies controlling Narvik. Since it looks like Germany won't get Quisling's help I'll have to postpone the DOW and conquest until after I take out France and it's large navy.
Omnius

Omnius -> 1.03 Beta2 Major Malfunction (11/3/2012 4:36:30 PM)

I just downloaded the 1.03beta2 update and went back into my saved game that I started in the 1.03 original beta and discovered that the reinforce units function does not work whatsoever. Not only couldn't I use the max button, despite trying units from many different countries, there was no slider to manually increase reinforcements. Neither ground, air or naval units could be reinforced despite units having losses and countries having plenty of PP's. It seems the specific GUI screen for the reinforcement function is broken. I suggest taking down the 1.03 beta2 update until this major malfunction is fixed so as to not frustrate more customers. I even started a game in the 1.03 beta2 version and still couldn't reinforce units. Back to dumbing down to the 1.03 beta that thankfully does work.
Omnius

PS: You can repair naval units, they use a different GUI screen. I forgot I did repair naval units and then went back to double check and repair naval units does work. Ground and air can't be reinforced because that GUI screen is malfunctioning.

gwgardner -> RE: 1.03 Beta2 Major Malfunction (11/3/2012 5:34:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omnius

I suggest taking down the 1.03 beta2 update until this major malfunction is fixed so as to not frustrate more customers.

dittos

RandomAttack -> RE: 1.03 Beta2 Major Malfunction (11/4/2012 12:20:50 AM)

Except the 1.03 Beta DOESN"T really work. Since the terrain factors aren't properly applied it means combat is totally hosed, and then there's the movement factor issue. Not sure how you can really even play with 1.03 Beta. Rasputitsa mentioned that the terrain factor issue goes back all the way to 1.2 (!!!). I haven't played in several months, and honestly cannot see how anyone is even playing this game with just these two issues alone. A wargame with a combat system that is malfunctioning is a real problem.

elmerlee -> RE: 1.03 Beta2 Major Malfunction (11/4/2012 3:06:34 PM)

My worry is that things with TOF seem to be moving along the lines of TOW.

TOW was released in 2009 and still has more problems than can be described.

Claims are made that it is still being supported and patched. And it is. About every
three months a patch is anounced and two months later it arrives.A month later
Matrix gives us the patch.

In the case of TOF it seems that a patch breaks more than it fixes. If they couldn't
make TOW into a playable TOF in almost four years then I have little hope for this
makeover game.

doomtrader -> RE: 1.03 Beta2 Major Malfunction (12/2/2012 4:36:24 PM)

The new beta version is here:
http://www2.wastelands-interactive.com/shared/ToF103V3patch.zip

So far as a zip file

gwgardner -> RE: 1.03 Beta2 Major Malfunction (12/2/2012 7:11:06 PM)

Thanks. Before you submit it to Matrix, let us look at it.

Anyone testing this, invoke the betaV3 with tof.exe, not timeoffury.exe

doomtrader -> RE: 1.03 Beta2 Major Malfunction (12/2/2012 8:22:32 PM)

since now it shouldn't be needed anymore

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI