Need thoughts on Camo Scheme (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

afspret -> Need thoughts on Camo Scheme (10/8/2012 10:58:49 AM)

If found this pic of a B-18 in a camo scheme that looks similar to that of the B-17s flying from Midway during the battle. This is the first time I've seen a B-18 with anything other than either natural metal or OD over NG paint scheme. Could the paint job be similar to the Midway B-17s?

[image]local://upfiles/11059/D5B5FCC98FE24B8EBB9B40DC36DCF851.jpg[/image]

EDIT: Forgot to add, found pic on a site about aviation in Hawaii & caption with pic says a/c was based in Hawaii & taken after Dec 7th.

Shark7 -> RE: Need thoughts on Camo Scheme (10/8/2012 3:37:57 PM)

Did they carry a camo pattern prior to the PH raid or was it hastily applied after? I'm going to assume the latter, so it would stand to reason that they simply used an existing pattern type.

afspret -> RE: Need thoughts on Camo Scheme (10/9/2012 5:41:51 AM)

Some of the pics of B-18s I've seen on the site were taken shortly after the attack & show them to still be in natural metal finish. Also, I brought this up is because a model company (Special Hobby) has released a 1/72nd scale kit of the B-18 & one as the Digby (the RCAF version of the B-18A) and am thinking of getting one of each.

I'll try to find the site again and post the address here, it had some pretty interesting pics on it, most of which I have never seen before.

Commander Cody -> RE: Need thoughts on Camo Scheme (10/9/2012 6:00:08 AM)

When did the red circle get dropped from the white star? That was definitely after Dec. 7, but not sure when.

Cheers,
CC

afspret -> RE: Need thoughts on Camo Scheme (10/9/2012 6:31:07 AM)

It was early on, some time around the time of the Coral Sea battle I believe. Also I found the site & it states the pic was taken in 1943, though I would take what it says as accurate, because there are some other pics showing P-47Ds (a/c have the bubble canopy) being unloaded, sometime in 1942.

FYI, the site address is http://hawaii.gov/hawaiiaviation

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI