Slightly OT - "Realistic Weather On"...Now VFR THIS! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

LoBaron -> Slightly OT - "Realistic Weather On"...Now VFR THIS! (10/7/2012 6:23:53 PM)

On the way to YPDN (Darwin Intl), 7000ft , crosswind ~35kts@085, ground visibility 3-4nm, cloud coverage 8/8. Realtime weather engine.

Nothing special up there.

Ok. Now: remove close to all NDB, DME, VOR and ILS navigational beacons, reduce runway lightning to the absolute minimum, disable radar tracking,
throw your GPS out of the window, and then navigate this VFR for a couple of 100nm. Oh, yes, and then bomb a target.

Call it "Severe Storms", "Thunderstorms", "Overcast", whatever you like. Weather reduces mission frequency.

Realistic weather "ON", ftw. [8D]

[img]http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2012/10/07/pzYc9.png[/img]

[img]http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2012/10/07/KrXho.png[/img]

[img]http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2012/10/07/KcNOW.png[/img]

[img]http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2012/10/07/mhsH.png[/img]

Cannonfodder -> RE: Slightly OT - "Realistic Weather On"...Now VFR THIS! (10/7/2012 6:37:37 PM)

Long live dead reckoning!!!

US87891 -> RE: Slightly OT - "Realistic Weather On"...Now VFR THIS! (10/7/2012 7:30:04 PM)

JWE says;
quote:

Thanks LoBaron, I love your Cessna. That's what I fly my Piper through every day on the Gulf Coast. Less haze and more sharpness to the cumulus, but same-same. Oh, freeeee, banking and soaring and floating like a bird.

Thanks for the pic LoBaron. Wonderful.

LoBaron -> RE: Slightly OT - "Realistic Weather On"...Now VFR THIS! (10/7/2012 9:55:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: US87891

JWE says;
quote:

Oh, freeeee, banking and soaring and floating like a bird.

Aye, John, aye. And thanks!

Great to see you are still checking the forums from time to time. [:)]

Liebestod -> RE: Slightly OT - "Realistic Weather On"...Now VFR THIS! (10/7/2012 10:04:27 PM)

come to think of it most airline pilots in addition to having all that equipment also have flown their particular routes hundreds or even thousands of times before

But for a carrier pilot officer in charge of the navigation in wwii most of your flights would be through areas you've NEVER been to in your entire life.

JeffK -> RE: Slightly OT - "Realistic Weather On"...Now VFR THIS! (10/8/2012 2:01:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Liebestod

come to think of it most airline pilots in addition to having all that equipment also have flown their particular routes hundreds or even thousands of times before

But for a carrier pilot officer in charge of the navigation in wwii most of your flights would be through areas you've NEVER been to in your entire life.

Change to : No ones ever been to!

I think that too many assume that pilots in WW2 could find a needle in a haystack, everytime they fly.

Fallschirmjager -> RE: Slightly OT - "Realistic Weather On"...Now VFR THIS! (10/8/2012 3:52:31 AM)

Is that Flight Simulator X?

I bought that soon after release and never played it much due to poor FPS performance. Now that I have a much better PC I need to reinstall and get into it.

LoBaron -> RE: Slightly OT - "Realistic Weather On"...Now VFR THIS! (10/8/2012 9:26:14 PM)

Its FSX, yes. Came a long way since 2006, but expect to spend a bit on 3rd party stuff to get the right looks.

Just donīt think it runs easy on modern day PCs btw. if you want all the bells and whistles. You need to take quite some time tweaking
to get the right frames without losing optical quality on an average machine like mine (3 year old Phenom II Quad @3.2GHz and a Radeon 4850).

If you are willing to spend the time and money though theres nothing better.

CyrusSpitama -> RE: Slightly OT - "Realistic Weather On"...Now VFR THIS! (10/8/2012 10:00:45 PM)

I can clearly see the bomber targeting through that haze. Just follow the birds flying patterns and they will inevitably locate a vehicle windshield to crap on. Just release when you see the birds release [:D]

JeffK -> RE: Slightly OT - "Realistic Weather On"...Now VFR THIS! (10/8/2012 10:15:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyrusSpitama

I can clearly see the bomber targeting through that haze. Just follow the birds flying patterns and they will inevitably locate a vehicle windshield to crap on. Just release when you see the birds release [:D]

Just dont follow any Emu's!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.171875E-02