Loss of division-hood (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

erstad -> Loss of division-hood (10/7/2012 7:45:46 AM)

I have at least two IJA divisions which used to be "XXX division" and are now just "XXX". Among other things, this means they have lost the divide capability. I would worry they might also lose the divisional cohesiveness bonus in combat.

Is this a known problem? If not, I can post a save but it's going to take a little digging to see when it actually occurred.

This has nothing to do with fragments. The former divisions are still fully intact, and even when a division has a fragment preventing the divide it's still called "XXX division"

michaelm -> RE: Loss of division-hood (10/7/2012 11:45:48 AM)

Sounds like data corruption of the unit's suffix.

witpqs -> RE: Loss of division-hood (10/7/2012 3:15:34 PM)

I had that in a very old game but the other way around. A brigade became a division, but kept the same TOE. Heppened on an older patch, BTW

michaelm -> RE: Loss of division-hood (10/8/2012 12:00:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

I have at least two IJA divisions which used to be "XXX division" and are now just "XXX". Among other things, this means they have lost the divide capability. I would worry they might also lose the divisional cohesiveness bonus in combat.

Is this a known problem? If not, I can post a save but it's going to take a little digging to see when it actually occurred.

This has nothing to do with fragments. The former divisions are still fully intact, and even when a division has a fragment preventing the divide it's still called "XXX division"

Post a save and I can confirm if is data issue or something else?

erstad -> RE: Loss of division-hood (10/9/2012 5:34:58 AM)

I plan to, I just need to spend some time to find out what turn it happened on.

erstad -> RE: Loss of division-hood (10/16/2012 2:09:06 AM)

OK, here's the save. My save from before i sent to the allied player shows the 116th as a division, I run this turn under what labels itself as 1.0.6.1108r6, and it is no longer a division.

The 39th probably undivisioned this turn as well, but I focused on the 116th to narrow this down.

michaelm -> RE: Loss of division-hood (10/16/2012 10:34:50 AM)

Good news is it doesn't happen under 1119.
Bad news is I can't trace it under 1108r6 as that is ever before the last official patch (1108r9).
Hard to tell if any of the later fixes corrected this before r9.

SuluSea -> RE: Loss of division-hood (10/16/2012 2:24:56 PM)

This happened to me as well with the 48th Division, game started with patch 1108r9. I'm glad you got it straight Micheal.

[image]http://i50.tinypic.com/213lxrc.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI