ETO transfers to the PTO (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

JeffK -> ETO transfers to the PTO (10/7/2012 1:00:38 AM)

Trying to allow some early movement of quality aircraft from the ETO to PTO.

How do you make the PP cost to release unit very expensive??

IFF the AFB wants to spend the PP, can I make a RAF Spitfire V or VIII cost ??? 1000PP ??? so that if he needs some airpower rather than LCU he can make that choice, The same goes for USAAF units.

OR

Could you make a convoy type LCU which is based at Rosyth with an exorbitant PP cost to release, it then has to be directed (off map shipping) to a base and disbanded, releasing the contents to the pools. (Edit - I cant see that a convoy can carry aircraft, I can allocate air units to Ships which then unload)

(I think option 1 allows for upgrading of aircraft type while waiting better than option 2)

After reading AAR, more and more are using Scen2 which allows the JFB to rule the skies far too long.

Dixie -> RE: ETO transfers to the PTO (10/7/2012 9:28:22 AM)

It appears that it is possible for a supply convoy to carry aircraft, if you take a look at the editor the invasion reinforcements for India, NZ and Oz have aircraft in them. Slots 7967, 7976 and 7989 for reference.

JeffK -> RE: ETO transfers to the PTO (10/7/2012 11:31:49 AM)

Thanks Dixie, I might copy them.

next is how to make them very expensive to buy, make it a choice between buying a Division or 4-5 Squadrons of modern aircraft.

PaxMondo -> RE: ETO transfers to the PTO (10/7/2012 1:19:09 PM)

No way that I know of, but I'm watching here in case Damian, Juan, or Michael chime in with indeas .... 

JeffK -> RE: ETO transfers to the PTO (10/8/2012 2:08:48 AM)

I'm wondering about adding a device that costs hundreds of PP but will dissapear when unloaded, maybe useless garrisons or static units??

Trying to solve the conundrums set by the game, allowing the AFB some flexibility at a cost somewhere else. You could equally have some LCU sitting in Eastern USA/UK which you can buy. If the game became an India/Australia/China battlefield I might prefer a US or UK Armoured Division rather than 2-3 Battleships or some Jungle/Island hopping LCU.

Still tinkering but its slow.

JuanG -> RE: ETO transfers to the PTO (10/8/2012 1:55:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

I'm wondering about adding a device that costs hundreds of PP but will dissapear when unloaded, maybe useless garrisons or static units??

Trying to solve the conundrums set by the game, allowing the AFB some flexibility at a cost somewhere else. You could equally have some LCU sitting in Eastern USA/UK which you can buy. If the game became an India/Australia/China battlefield I might prefer a US or UK Armoured Division rather than 2-3 Battleships or some Jungle/Island hopping LCU.

Still tinkering but its slow.

If you're willing to live with a house rule based restriction, but still want something to burn PP on, the I would do the following;

-Create the units you want, assign to restricted command
-Create a new leader with horrid stats and a high replacement cost
-Have a HR which states that you must change out the leader before changing the units command or disbanding it

Now all you need to do to vary the units 'cost' is to changed the replacement cost on the leader.

While this method obviously does not stop someone from cheating if they want to, it should be no problem for most games. It also gives you the flexibility that the players can agree on 1 or 2 'freebie' (ie no need to replace leader) squadrons for the allies as a handicap if needed, or if certain conditions are met (ie PH invasion -> 2 free US/USMC squadrons).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02