Scumbag Game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series

Red_Dwarf -> Scumbag Game (10/5/2012 9:36:17 PM)

Allows you to start building a Monitoring Base.

Doesn't tell you that you are lacking certain resources and /or tech necessary to complete it.

adecoy95 -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/6/2012 12:51:10 PM)

it can take a VERY long time to build deep space stations, i would recommend taking a less micro approach to this scumbag game.

Tophat1812 -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/6/2012 5:23:35 PM)

Any chance we can ditch the scumbag game reference please? If not no need to respond its simply a request.

Red_Dwarf -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/6/2012 6:23:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

Any chance we can ditch the scumbag game reference please? If not no need to respond its simply a request.

I was trying to refer to the meme, no offense was intended.

WoodMan -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/6/2012 7:52:18 PM)

lol, we're all too old for memes here mate! [:D]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/6/2012 8:06:28 PM)

+1

Darkspire -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/7/2012 2:51:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

lol, we're all too old for memes here mate! [:D]

Lost me ... [:D]

meme
noun
a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes.

Darkspire

pipewrench -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/7/2012 3:49:26 AM)

I got it Red_Dwarf [;)] no worries. edit: lol so hard I spilled my coffee!
--

Hates your guts

pays you full price for a technology they really do not need.

--

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/6hdx/

Historically, a meme is a discrete "package of culture" that would travel via word of mouth, usually as a mesmerizing story, a fable/parable, a joke, or an expression of speech. Today, memes travel much faster than simple speech. As internet email forwards, instant messages, and web page links, memes now travel instantly via the Internet.

Darkspire -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/7/2012 4:09:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pipewrench

--

Hates your guts

--

Historically, a meme is a discrete "package of culture" that would travel via word of mouth, usually as a mesmerizing story, a fable/parable, a joke, or an expression of speech. Today, memes travel much faster than simple speech. As internet email forwards, instant messages, and web page links, memes now travel instantly via the Internet.

Just couldnt get the reference to ...

quote:

lol, we're all too old for memes here mate!

Darkspire

Shark7 -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/7/2012 4:10:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: pipewrench

--

Hates your guts

--

Just couldnt get the reference to ...

quote:

lol, we're all too old for memes here mate!

Darkspire

Don't feel bad, I still have no clue what they are referring to. [&:]

Darkspire -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/7/2012 6:42:48 PM)

quote:

Don't feel bad, I still have no clue what they are referring to

I knew what the word meant, it was the context it was used in by Woodman that got me [:D]

Think it boils down down to, the OP dude was pissed because DW scuppered his master plans, someone got the hump with the replies followed by some bright spark masking it all with obscure wording ... I think [:'(] (Im blonde, large and the goldfish has a higher IQ than me)

Darkspire

WoodMan -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/7/2012 9:15:08 PM)

loool, I think what I said stands true by the amount of confusion on show here. The "modern" (i.e. facebook generation) use the word to describe some silly photo online with big white writing across it. They usually don't last more than a few weeks and there are millions of them so I guess by the dictionary definition they are not really memes [:D]

Shark7 -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/7/2012 9:47:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

loool, I think what I said stands true by the amount of confusion on show here. The "modern" (i.e. facebook generation) use the word to describe some silly photo online with big white writing across it. They usually don't last more than a few weeks and there are millions of them so I guess by the dictionary definition they are not really memes [:D]

OK, I've seen those. Though I'd never heard them referred to that way before. Then again, I am a grumpy old man, so its not surprising. [;)]

Tophat1812 -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/7/2012 11:42:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

quote:

Don't feel bad, I still have no clue what they are referring to

I knew what the word meant, it was the context it was used in by Woodman that got me [:D]

Think it boils down down to, the OP dude was pissed because DW scuppered his master plans, someone got the hump with the replies followed by some bright spark masking it all with obscure wording ... I think [:'(] (Im blonde, large and the goldfish has a higher IQ than me)

Darkspire

Someone got the hump? Sheesh I was polite as can be just in case I had misunderstood something. The title of the thread: "scumbag game" is what I questioned. As to all the obscure talk after i still have no idea whats being conveyed,but who cares.........scumbag game thread keeps staying right up at the top of the forum. Wish i'd never responded............[8|]

Darkspire -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/8/2012 5:05:55 AM)

quote:

Someone got the hump? Sheesh I was polite as can be just in case I had misunderstood something. The title of the thread: "scumbag game" is what I questioned. As to all the obscure talk after i still have no idea whats being conveyed,but who cares.........scumbag game thread keeps staying right up at the top of the forum. Wish i'd never responded

No offence meant, honest. Just when I saw this post the first time I thought it was going to be a fun one to follow, the posts from all the folks on here just shows the depth of this little community of ours, it was all meant to be taken with a pinch of salt as it were. Everyone gets a bad day sometimes and just posts it (resources anyone?), thought it was great how a tricky post was turned into something that ended up quite light hearted.

Darkspire

Brainsucker -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/8/2012 11:37:50 AM)

Honestly, I don't know what it's mean with Scumbag game. Someone can explain it?

Bingeling -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/8/2012 11:40:40 AM)

Silly images posting as memes besides.

When I read the original post, I was thinking the silly game allowed him to build an AN designed monitoring station with no long range scanner. Which is a pretty useless, and I think they could be available without the scanner tech.

Which makes the game scumbag due to tricking him into building something useless.

Red_Dwarf -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/8/2012 12:28:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

When I read the original post, I was thinking the silly game allowed him to build an AN designed monitoring station with no long range scanner. Which is a pretty useless, and I think they could be available without the scanner tech.

Which makes the game scumbag due to tricking him into building something useless.

Precisely.

Shark7 -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/8/2012 3:15:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

You know, you should not be able to build a station that doesn't meet its own minimum equipment requirements. That I agree with.

The complaint could have been delivered with more tact though.

w1p -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/8/2012 3:23:47 PM)

i understand the reference immediately and thought it was funny :)

Tophat1812 -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/8/2012 6:30:10 PM)

I finally understand it now..............ooops[:'(]

Red_Dwarf -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/8/2012 7:06:53 PM)

I've requested that my "monitoring stations" be upgraded to the latest model, because as they are now they have no LRS. Which programmer thought it was a good idea to be able to build MOS's before discovering LRS? [8|]

Bingeling -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/8/2012 7:57:03 PM)

The AI should not provide monitoring stations until long range scanners are unlocked. Certain ship types are delayed until some tech/size is available already.

And I agree that the original post could have been somewhat more straight forward...

Igard -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/8/2012 8:26:08 PM)

Going a bit off topic...

Red_Dwarf, what did you think of the new episode of Red Dwarf that aired the other night?

tjhkkr -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/8/2012 8:29:49 PM)

Think it boils down down to, the OP dude was pissed because DW scuppered his master plans, someone got the hump with the replies followed by some bright spark masking it all with obscure wording ... I think (Im blonde, large and the goldfish has a higher IQ than me)
Darkspire

I cannot understand a word you said; does this mean I have an IQ lower than a goldfish?
Am I looking up at a goldfish's shoes or -- in this case -- fins?

danlongman -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/8/2012 8:52:29 PM)

Everywhere I goes I sees this stupid toy castle.
I turns around..and there it is again!!
I knows I should remember something but....
Holy Crap!! A castle!! Sometimes I wishes there was
more to life but....WTF!!?? A Castle!!
I wonder why the light rays are distorted outside the...
Jumpin' Jehovah!! A Castle!!! Lucky that food comes
down from the distorted sky....A Castle!!! Wot's all this
then? Not a Castle?! Well bite me if it ain't!......A Castle!!
-Goldy in a former life

WoodMan -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/8/2012 10:39:13 PM)

Loved series 1 to 6, didn't like 7 or 8 as much and so never saw the back to Earth stuff after all its bad reviews etc.

But... I did enjoy the series 10 episode, it was much better than I expected. More akin to series 3 thru 6 than 7 or 8 thankfully. Also, I like the way they didn't modernize the set too much and make it look all high tech, with the exception of the screens it was all similar to the 80s/90s style [:)]

I can't get used to Kryten with the wrinkly eyes, heh, Androids don't age!

Igard -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/9/2012 8:19:48 PM)

Cassandra was the only good episode of series 7/8. The rest were pretty bad. Series 1 & 2 were my favourites. Back to Earth just didn't feel right. This new episode did feel right!

I didn't really notice the wrinkles, but I noticed Kryten put on a few pounds! And Rimmer's hair! Lister and the Cat are the ones that seemed to age the least, and they're the living characters!

I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was quite as funny as the old ones, but it was really well done. Like you I was really pleased with the sets and the overall style. It was always about the interactions between the crew and it felt like they were going back to the old days with this.

I'm looking forward to more.

Shark7 -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/10/2012 2:05:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

Cassandra was the only good episode of series 7/8. The rest were pretty bad. Series 1 & 2 were my favourites. Back to Earth just didn't feel right. This new episode did feel right!

I didn't really notice the wrinkles, but I noticed Kryten put on a few pounds! And Rimmer's hair! Lister and the Cat are the ones that seemed to age the least, and they're the living characters!

I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was quite as funny as the old ones, but it was really well done. Like you I was really pleased with the sets and the overall style. It was always about the interactions between the crew and it felt like they were going back to the old days with this.

I'm looking forward to more.

Man I miss that show, the station around here that was broadcasting it quit. [:(]

jpwrunyan -> RE: Scumbag Game (10/22/2012 10:17:58 AM)

Holy cow! New Red Dwarf episodes!? No one tells me anything.

Season 1&2 are my favorites.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.246094E-02