OT Star Wars? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Footslogger -> OT Star Wars? (10/4/2012 2:56:15 AM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tBM2ZfncoU&feature=g-all-lik

Recommended that you watch in full 1080p.[sm=sterb029.gif]

Tell me what you think

[sm=sign0006.gif]

ctangus -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/4/2012 3:25:38 AM)

Cello Wars

Gräfin Zeppelin -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/4/2012 11:19:11 AM)

I am a Star Wars purist who loathes almost everything they published about SW in the last years. That said this small flick was decent and compared to the stuff they usually publish it was GOLD.

Shark7 -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/4/2012 2:37:25 PM)

Hmm, now I'm thinking the new mod, WiTP: AE Star Wars.

And honestly, it might actually be doable.

Nikademus -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/4/2012 7:59:24 PM)

Not a big fan of the new movies either, but i'm not in the Loathing catagory as some diehards are. Still....Definately not in the same leaque as the first 3. The attempt to explain the pre-history caused some serious DOH moments. Lucas' marketing gimic of including C3P0 and R2D2 as Anakin's companions was wacked. (really???? oh just explain it away with a memory wipe) Anakin came off as a whiny bastard who deserved to take a Lava bath. Further, if he was so dang powerful as the 2nd movie clearly kept emphasizing his getting owned by Obi_won came off making him look lame. I never seen this mentioned but the whole Clone Wars thing seems totally non-canon. Zahn's triogly clearly referred to the war in different terms as a war AGAINST clones not one USING them against some lame trade federation.

The part i liked? I thought they handled Palpitine's rise well aided by the fact that they could use the original actor without makeup without having to have a silly story.

The movies invariably degrade the first 3 with the Super_Samurai lightsaber martial artist Bruce Lee moves. God Luke Skywalker comes off lame now. And oh....the Darth Vader Obiwon fight looks like two kids with lightsabers now...(but was probably more realistic) Apparantly Lucas was a fan of the Youtube sensation "Jedi Kid"

and yes......Han shot first. [:D]

Commander Stormwolf -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/4/2012 9:45:14 PM)

72 x X-Wing
36 x Y-Wing

approaching TF near Yavin IV

345 x Tie-Fighter

standing by on CAP

BB Death-Star Torpedo Hits 2, heavy damage

Gräfin Zeppelin -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/4/2012 9:57:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commander Stormwolf

72 x X-Wing
36 x Y-Wing

345 x Tie-Fighter

standing by on CAP

[:D]

mikkey -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/4/2012 10:20:48 PM)

[:D]

Justus2 -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/5/2012 3:28:25 AM)

quote:

72 x X-Wing
36 x Y-Wing

345 x Tie-Fighter

standing by on CAP

This game is BORKED!! [;)]

(of course, the Imperial Fan-Boys can complain about the Rebel SIGINT that gave away the Death-Star location... )

SpitfireIX -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/5/2012 6:46:58 PM)

quote:

72 8 x X-Wing
36 3 x Y-Wing

345 x Tie-Fighter

standing by on CAP

FTFY [:)]

Ranger5355 -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/6/2012 5:08:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Not a big fan of the new movies either, but i'm not in the Loathing catagory as some diehards are. Still....Definately not in the same leaque as the first 3. The attempt to explain the pre-history caused some serious DOH moments. Lucas' marketing gimic of including C3P0 and R2D2 as Anakin's companions was wacked. (really???? oh just explain it away with a memory wipe) Anakin came off as a whiny bastard who deserved to take a Lava bath. Further, if he was so dang powerful as the 2nd movie clearly kept emphasizing his getting owned by Obi_won came off making him look lame. I never seen this mentioned but the whole Clone Wars thing seems totally non-canon. Zahn's triogly clearly referred to the war in different terms as a war AGAINST clones not one USING them against some lame trade federation.

The part i liked? I thought they handled Palpitine's rise well aided by the fact that they could use the original actor without makeup without having to have a silly story.

The movies invariably degrade the first 3 with the Super_Samurai lightsaber martial artist Bruce Lee moves. God Luke Skywalker comes off lame now. And oh....the Darth Vader Obiwon fight looks like two kids with lightsabers now...(but was probably more realistic) Apparantly Lucas was a fan of the Youtube sensation "Jedi Kid"

I had a hard time suspending my disbelief that Yoda and that group of brilliant Jedi were too lame brained to notice Anakin was an a**hole[8|]

Shark7 -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/6/2012 5:25:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger5355

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

I had a hard time suspending my disbelief that Yoda and that group of brilliant Jedi were too lame brained to notice Anakin was an a**hole[8|]

I didn't. It's really easy to deceive someone who doesn't want to see the truth.

Gräfin Zeppelin -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/6/2012 5:46:46 PM)

The way the Jedi were portrayed ....uh...."wise" aint the right word.....dumb....really really dumb.

Shark7 -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/6/2012 5:58:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

The way the Jedi were portrayed ....uh...."wise" aint the right word.....dumb....really really dumb.

I think 'arrogant' is the more accurate term. The pride before the fall, if you will. [;)]

Gräfin Zeppelin -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/6/2012 6:00:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

I think 'arrogant' is the more accurate term. The pride before the fall, if you will. [;)]

Oh arrogant...I would have loved arrogant Jedis and a sneaky Plapatine but noooooo, they were simply so dumb that Jar Jar Binks could have formed the Empire.

Shark7 -> RE: OT Star Wars? (10/6/2012 6:03:20 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

Oh arrogant...I would have loved arrogant Jedis and a sneaky Plapatine but noooooo, they were simply so dumb that Jar Jar Binks could have formed the Empire.

Maybe Jar Jar did mastermind the whole thing. He certainly could annoy people to death. [sm=Christo_pull_hair.gif] [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI