Where is the limit? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support

Jafele -> Where is the limit? (10/3/2012 12:56:00 PM)

Im no sure if its a bug, but Id like to know where is the limit to buy units from a distant city. An HQ (with 3 trains) is able to buy ANY unit from an assigned city from a distance of 50 hexes (connected by rail). The same happens with assigned factories. Using this trick transfers has no sense. Wouldnt be more logical to limit buys to Rail/truck/naval Cap? Please Vic, take a look at this before AT Platinum be released.

Thanks

Jafele -> RE: Where is the limit? (10/3/2012 4:02:23 PM)

The same HQ received troops even when he left the road (using two trucks). IMO the solution to this issue: when an unit is bought in a city/factory it must appear in the citys hex. A HQ MUST be in the citys/factorys (and be assigned) hex and then transfer the troops to other units. Just using the common transfer rules. If this issue is ignored, players will tend to assign HQs to distant cities when the time of an offensive comes. Its cheaper (no fuel required), easier (no railcap cost) and by the way, tricky.

Vic -> RE: Where is the limit? (10/3/2012 7:54:55 PM)

hi,

rulevar(312) allows you to play with hardcore rule: production can only arrive in a HQ in the town it self.

it has been disabled by default to dont scare off player who dont like all the micromanagement this will bring.

best,
Vic

Jafele -> RE: Where is the limit? (10/3/2012 8:39:00 PM)

Vic, how can I enable this rulebar? Im not a native english speaker [:(] Is there any tutorial for it? Its very important to me.

Vic -> RE: Where is the limit? (10/4/2012 3:15:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele

Vic, how can I enable this rulebar? Im not a native english speaker [:(] Is there any tutorial for it? Its very important to me.

After you setup the scenario. go to editor => settings => rulevars => look up the rulevar in the list and change it.

The AI is not affected by the rule, but human players are.

best,
Vic

Jafele -> RE: Where is the limit? (10/4/2012 4:05:39 PM)

Thanks Vic! [&o] Im going to start a new game with some friends using this rulevar.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI