Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jzardos -> Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/2/2012 10:38:28 PM)

Not sure why, but this group does not allow me to upgrade to A6M2. I'm sure earlier in the game I upgraded some A5M4 groups to A6M2. Anybody know why or what I'm doing wrong? It's based in Tokyo.

[image]local://upfiles/37867/33901EB5FDE24595980AB3B31FE3EDEC.gif[/image]

aphrochine -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/2/2012 11:31:19 PM)

It withdraws in April of '42. You sure you wanna put A6M2 airframes in there??

If you're playing with PDU off, then it's hardcoded what can upgrade to what. If you're playing with PDU On, then right click on the upgrade option and you should be able to choose the upgrade path.

TheLoneGunman -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/3/2012 12:49:51 AM)

If you click on the upgrade area the list it brings up doesn't include the A6M2?

If it does, perhaps you don't have enough planes in your aircraft pool.

jcjordan -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/3/2012 3:36:52 AM)

As I look at the unit screen, you've got an A5M4 Claude unit upgrading to the same a/c hence why you don't see the ability to upgrade but also what aphrochine said on PDU on/off. If off then you're stuck if it has no upgrades beyond the Claude.

Puhis -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/3/2012 6:25:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jzardos

Not sure why, but this group does not allow me to upgrade to A6M2. I'm sure earlier in the game I upgraded some A5M4 groups to A6M2. Anybody know why or what I'm doing wrong? It's based in Tokyo.

[image]local://upfiles/37867/33901EB5FDE24595980AB3B31FE3EDEC.gif[/image]

You're playing PDU off.

Liebestod -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/3/2012 12:45:30 PM)

Do most people play with PDU on or off?

Puhis -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/3/2012 1:11:53 PM)

Most people play PDU on. Only true men play PDU off... [;)]

Liebestod -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/3/2012 1:31:03 PM)

Well I mean is it more of a disadvantage for Japan or for the Allies? With PDU off I'd imagine not every single bomber squadron will be converted to a B-29, and not every single fighter squadron will be P47/P59H/Corsair/P80

jzardos -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/3/2012 6:03:45 PM)

I'm playing with PDU ON. I've upgrading an A5M4 group to A6M2 earlier in the game. Maybe because it's going to withdraw. So probably don't want to upgrade it anyways. The only other choice in list is 'Do Not Upgrade'. I have > 30 A6M2 planes in the pool.

Still mystified. [&:]

Numdydar -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/3/2012 6:51:15 PM)

If you click on the name of the upgrade, you get a complete list of upgrades available.

JocMeister -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/3/2012 6:57:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Liebestod

Well I mean is it more of a disadvantage for Japan or for the Allies? With PDU off I'd imagine not every single bomber squadron will be converted to a B-29, and not every single fighter squadron will be P47/P59H/Corsair/P80

I think a lot of people are failing to realise that. Might be due to the fact that most PBEMs donīt get into the later years when the Allied planes actually outclass the Japanese.

I think playing with PDU off could be pretty interesting. Certainly a lot more diversity then just seeing 2-3 types of AC all the time.

jzardos -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/3/2012 6:58:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

If you click on the name of the upgrade, you get a complete list of upgrades available.

WoW! thanks that was exactly it. Clicking on the name gave me a list. Before I clicked on the arrow and only had a choice of 'Do Not Upgrade' which is the toggle I know understand.

Great. [&o]

Liebestod -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/4/2012 12:28:34 AM)

OP my newbie conclusion from that particular squadron was that 'units with withdrawal dates cannot be upgraded' - I'm not sure if that is true or not but that was what I concluded. I noticed the same thing on the same squadron.

michaelm -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/4/2012 11:22:07 AM)

Depending on the game time and how soon it needs to withdraw, it could be a wasted upgrade if the group withdraws soon and you decide not to keep it.

CV 2 -> RE: Can't upgrade a IJN fighter squadron (10/4/2012 12:12:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aphrochine

It withdraws in April of '42. You sure you wanna put A6M2 airframes in there??

If you're playing with PDU off, then it's hardcoded what can upgrade to what. If you're playing with PDU On, then right click on the upgrade option and you should be able to choose the upgrade path.

This is actually irrelevant for the Japs. All withdrawn Jap airgroups return their planes and pilots to the pool.

Edit: EXCEPT damaged aircraft.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02