gunny3013 -> RE: Looking for an IJN Opponent (10/20/2012 2:46:09 PM)
Me - Allies
You - Japanese
Turn cycle – 1 day
Reinforcement – Historical
Reliable USN Torpedoes – Off
No Unit Withdrawals – Off
All other – ON (Includes Historical First Turn?)
If you want to change something, tell me about it.
How About -
1. No sub invasions.
2. No multiple TFs with small amount of ships except certain type like ASW/MSW/Escort/Transport etc.
3. No flights above 30k feet (except recon)
4. Invasions must be done in a range of LBA (Japs - Extended from AF4+ or Normal from below, Allies - Extended from AF6+ or Normal from below) or in range of Air Combat TF (with 40+ planes). This HR prevents the rare but doable attacks. Allies can spent dozen ships for deep penetrate in defense perimeter of Japanese forces and fast dominate in area by that (need only 2 turns - first unload troops from fast transport TF, second unload from another TF engineers with air support and
transfer AG of Corsairs or Lightning's, then dead zone in sweep range). Game engine allow this trick and economy supremacy make loses non-vital. With this rule Allies will advance more historical (leap frog tactic) or involve vital ships like CVs (so Guadalcanal or Marianna's battles will happen again).
5. Paratroop unit can be dropped only in one target per turn.
6. PP must be used for move restricted units across boards and off-map (exception: THAI can be used in Burma/Thailand/Malaya, Kwantung/Korea Army can cross Mongolia/Soviet borders). Manchukuo Army created against USSR so don't need to pay PP
for start war against Russia/Mongolia. THAI units (not much of them) used in Thailand (which not just country in borders drawn by Brits but include Malaya and part of Burma), but anyway it a few weak LCUs with weird leaders. Don't know why you worry about it.
7. Allies don't move ships in first turn except already created TFs. USA don't move planes in first turn.
8. LCUs in PI cannot use replacements.
9. Air groups of Dutch/PI and other restricted cannot be withdraw/disbanded (that mean they cannot be removed to pool and save from demolition with bases lost).
10. Bases don't change HQ. People cheat and change low level base (with spent 10-20pp) to restricted HQ (deep in friendly area) and move here all restricted units.
11. Japanese TF cannot cross Malacca Strait before Singapore fall.
12. Garrison rule for Allies in DEI/PI/Burma before invasion in that regions.
13. 4-Engine Bombers not use below 10000 Alt.
14. No Corsairs before 1944.
15. No jet planes before 1944.