possible to export events to text file? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios

Blond_Knight -> possible to export events to text file? (9/26/2012 2:24:49 PM)

Is it possible to export the events or HIST units to a text file?

Vic -> RE: possible to export events to text file? (9/26/2012 2:54:41 PM)

export yes but you cannot import them from text files.

there is an export button in the "settings" window for a whole bunch of data structures and an export events button in the top right in the "events" window.

All text files will be written to the logs/ directory.

Blond_Knight -> RE: possible to export events to text file? (9/26/2012 3:50:34 PM)

OK cool. Good to know. Is there a reason importing isnt available? Like no error-checking for text formatting maybe?

LiquidSky -> RE: possible to export events to text file? (9/26/2012 5:03:56 PM)

While it would be nice to have an import function, it would require a fairly large bit of code to parse. Now that I am writing events, it is not so bad the way Vic has it, because it is hard to make a mistake. As well, to cut down on writing, he does allow cut and paste of individual lines.

Vic -> RE: possible to export events to text file? (9/28/2012 11:29:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky

While it would be nice to have an import function, it would require a fairly large bit of code to parse. Now that I am writing events, it is not so bad the way Vic has it, because it is hard to make a mistake. As well, to cut down on writing, he does allow cut and paste of individual lines.

There is a second paste button that allows to paste whole sections of lines as well.

best,
Vic

Blond_Knight -> RE: possible to export events to text file? (9/28/2012 12:57:43 PM)

I tried the export from the events window and it is pretty slick. My only suggestion would be for the name of the text files it creates to have the name of the event. For example 300: end of master file.txt

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI