This Just Isn't Fair! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Max 86 -> This Just Isn't Fair! (9/25/2012 5:53:23 PM)

Warspite siad it was slow in here today so I thought I would start the most contraversial thread of all time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2207981/Scientists-secret-living-life-men-bad-news-Castration-key.html

This study sucks and cannot be true....no way my best friend would be responsible for shortening my lifespan.

Isn't it ironic though that that particular body part is usually what gets us in the most trouble throughout life!

Discuss!![:D]

parusski -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/25/2012 6:42:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Max 86

Warspite siad it was slow in here today so I thought I would start the most contraversial thread of all time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2207981/Scientists-secret-living-life-men-bad-news-Castration-key.html

This study sucks and cannot be true....no way my best friend would be responsible for shortening my lifespan.

Isn't it ironic though that that particular body part is usually what gets us in the most trouble throughout life!

Discuss!![:D]

Good find. But I opt for only a few more years and thoughts of sex every 7 seconds.

warspite1 -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/25/2012 7:01:06 PM)

Which would you prefer - 100 years on the planet without rumpy pumpy or 60 years with?

wodin -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/26/2012 1:48:39 AM)

100 without

Max 86 -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/26/2012 2:40:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Which would you prefer - 100 years on the planet without rumpy pumpy or 60 years with?

Count me in the pro penis / short life faction. How many castrati wargamers are out there anyway?

warspite1 -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/26/2012 7:16:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

100 without

Warspite1

Well, you know what to do [;)]

LarryP -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/26/2012 2:50:19 PM)

I thought that the act of sex prolonged life?! It's heart healthy. It must depend on what study you go by.

warspite1 -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/26/2012 6:48:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

I thought that the act of sex prolonged life?! It's heart healthy. It must depend on what study you go by.
Warspite1

Not if you are a preying mantis....

radic202 -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/27/2012 12:10:48 AM)

Damn! And I thought those who were circumcised live a little longer, not those who had more than the tip taken off??

Absolutely a great find, had the entire office chatting about it before a very boring PT (Political Team) Meeting today...............You would not have believed the humour going back and forth?

Zap -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/27/2012 6:23:32 AM)

Well, according to the article I will live longer then most males. From the age of 54 my male hormone level has decreased to practically a non-exsistant level. [&:]

wodin -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/27/2012 9:23:20 AM)

I have a tumour and I've had no male hormone level for about 15 years or more without realising it. I have to use Testo gel everyday now...infact in a man the female hormone level should be around 200...mine was at the time of being diagnosed 175,000.

wodin -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/27/2012 9:24:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

Well, according to the article I will live longer then most males. From the age of 54 my male hormone level has decreased to practically a non-exsistant level. [&:]

You may need togo on some sort or hormone replacement mate..it's not to healthy having none at all.

doomtrader -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/27/2012 10:52:56 AM)

Cut it out guys. :P

Fallschirmjager -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/27/2012 4:05:33 PM)

This is just bad science all the way around. A simple logic exercise will make you realize just how poorly thought out this 'study' is.

Eunuchs typically lived in royal palaces and their jobs were usually scholarly. They had access to ample food and lived far far better than did other men at the time who menial labor jobs and food and what little medical care existed was never a sure thing.
I would say that the reason they lived longer was better living conditions.

catwhoorg -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/27/2012 6:49:37 PM)

You don't live longer, it just seems like you do.

[:'(]

Max 86 -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/27/2012 7:28:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Hey...This was a long and hard study that penetrated to the very core of our fragile male essence. [:'(]

Juvenile male immaturity aside, I agree with FJ's comments. The everyday life of a eunuch was much better than average. Thanks. I hadn't thought of that.

radic202 -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/27/2012 8:11:21 PM)

I tend to agree with previous poster here about most of the enuchs having better lifestyles hence longer lives in general.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well looked into some stuff about the castrati singers of old:

quote:

Although castration did little to damage a castrato's intellect, it did pose serious health and emotional problems. Most castrati suffered from the effects of developmental hypogonadism, including infantile penis and an underdeveloped prostate. They also had more developed subcutaneous fat than the normal male, fat deposits localized on the hips, buttocks and breast areas, fatty deposits on the eyelids, and skin that sometimes appeared wrinkled or swollen. The arms and legs of many castrati were unusually long as compared to the torso (the long bones never stopped growing), which made them look distorted.

and this:

quote:

Castrati tended to be fat, volatile, conceited, and almost impossible to get along with. Composer George Frederick Handel's notorious shouting matches with his castrato Senesino, for instance, were well-known throughout England.

quote:

Velluti, the last operatic castrato, died of old age in 1861 -- a relic of a past that could not be resurrected.

credit and full article here: http://www.essortment.com/castrati-history-21040.html

radic202 -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/27/2012 8:38:00 PM)

Just thought I would add that for those of you who may want to step aside and listen to what Castrati singing may have sounded like during the middle-ages and so on and yea I am a huge fan of classical and opera music (besides blowing up tank regiments and infantry corps)or (dressing up as an Elf and hunting Goblins, Orcs and Dragons), this music does provide me some escape.

Here is a "Natural castrati" yep you heard it right "Natural" performing a classic:

Timur Okutman:

http://www.timurokutman.com/en/

or on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxSlnE408Eo

parusski -> RE: This Just Isn't Fair! (9/28/2012 2:21:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

How did everyone miss the best line on the thread?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI