Does Matrix version use Activation/DRM ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series

JiminyJickers -> Does Matrix version use Activation/DRM ? (9/25/2012 1:35:20 PM)

Hi there,

Does the Matrix version of Scourge of War use the same Activation/DRM method from the game previously or does it use the standard Matrix key for the installer? (i.e. You can install and play the game fully offline without needing to see the internet at all). The activations and de-activation nonsense put me off buying or trying the demo in the past.

If this has the normal Matrix serial key method, then I will give it another try to see if it is worth it.

BASB -> RE: Does Matrix version use Activation/DRM ? (9/25/2012 2:25:55 PM)

Yep standard Matrix serial number.

JiminyJickers -> RE: Does Matrix version use Activation/DRM ? (9/25/2012 3:01:49 PM)

Sweet, thanks for that. Will give the demo a good try.

Mikesla -> RE: Does Matrix version use Activation/DRM ? (9/25/2012 8:39:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JiminyJickers

Sweet, thanks for that. Will give the demo a good try.

Just to mention, Version 1.5 of Scourge of War Gettysburg does not have a demo mode. You have to download the 1.4 version which can be download directly from NSD's Webite.

Link: Download Version 1.4 with Demo

If you decide that you like it, buy yourself a copy of SOWgb, then download Matrix's current patch, install it, and enter your serial #, and off you go.

Happy hunting.

:)

ETF -> RE: Does Matrix version use Activation/DRM ? (11/17/2012 11:46:57 PM)

So if it is loaded as a Addon all I have to do is use a serial #. GB and all the others were a nightmare for me and DRM.
Thx

Queeg -> RE: Does Matrix version use Activation/DRM ? (11/18/2012 4:02:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

So if it is loaded as a Addon all I have to do is use a serial #. GB and all the others were a nightmare for me and DRM.
Thx

I think you would need the serial numbers for any of the add-ons. You would enter the number once, when you install the add-on, just like any other Matrix game.

Little Powell -> RE: Does Matrix version use Activation/DRM ? (11/18/2012 12:16:41 PM)

Yes, each product has its own serial number. If you lost yours, you can contact matrix support and they will provide it for you. The server DRM/activation was removed with the matrix 1.5 patch.

ETF -> RE: Does Matrix version use Activation/DRM ? (11/18/2012 5:40:05 PM)

Sorry didn't get the above .......
I uninstalled all the GB stuff and the DRM I couldn't stand :)

Installed the CV copy and can't activate it at all. No short cut or nothing. All I have is Base/docs/Mods.....Any ideas. I love this company and purchased all their products since bull run. I was always a challenge for me to install them [:D]

Any ideas. Obviously I missed something. Just want a stand alone copy.

Queeg -> RE: Does Matrix version use Activation/DRM ? (11/18/2012 10:05:16 PM)

quote:

Installed the CV copy and can't activate it at all. No short cut or nothing. All I have is Base/docs/Mods.....Any ideas. I love this company and purchased all their products since bull run. I was always a challenge for me to install them [:D]

This has got to be one of the most difficult games to install that I've ever run into. I spent several hours last weekend messing with it.

Here's what finally worked for me:

1. Register your game here on the Matrix site.

2. Then go to the Members Section here and download the 1.50 version of the game you want. They include the latest patch.

3. Install that version. GB then CV as an add-on. Or just CV as a stand-alone.

Iain McNeil -> RE: Does Matrix version use Activation/DRM ? (11/19/2012 12:07:29 PM)

If you have the demo uninstall it first (it sounds like you did but just to confirm). Other than that there are no issues that we are aware of.

If this is not the case please contact the helpdesk so we can work with you to find out the cause and if needed fix the installers.

ETF -> RE: Does Matrix version use Activation/DRM ? (11/19/2012 1:13:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Queeg

quote:

This has got to be one of the most difficult games to install that I've ever run into. I spent several hours last weekend messing with it.

Here's what finally worked for me:

1. Register your game here on the Matrix site.

2. Then go to the Members Section here and download the 1.50 version of the game you want. They include the latest patch.

3. Install that version. GB then CV as an add-on. Or just CV as a stand-alone.

Thanks man..... I think our members in our LAN are just wanting a refund at this stage :)

Little Powell -> RE: Does Matrix version use Activation/DRM ? (11/19/2012 2:51:18 PM)

quote:

Queeg

Its never easy when you completely change how the install structure is designed for a game.. There will always be a transition. We are trying to get the word out that its best for everyone to grab the matrix versions of the installers and it will work every time.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02