Soviet Rockets / Breakthrough / Regular Artillery Divisions proportion (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

TulliusDetritus -> Soviet Rockets / Breakthrough / Regular Artillery Divisions proportion (9/25/2012 12:23:56 PM)

Well, in theory on my game I am starting to upgrade to the Red Army v 2.O

I have started buying artillery divisions (regular, rocket, breakthrough). But -as I have no idea- according to the more experienced gurus out there (1943 is a virgin territory to me), what should be the correct proportion? And what should be the grand total? 40, 50...?

A thing like this:

Regular / breakthrough / rocket
1 / 1 / 1?
2 / 1 / 1?
3 / 2 / 1?
etc etc

Thanks in advance [:)]

Schmart -> RE: Soviet Rockets / Breakthrough / Regular Artillery Divisions proportion (9/25/2012 10:50:43 PM)

This will provide some information:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3126849

"Artillery" Divs will upgrade to "Breakthrough" Divs. "Gun" Divisions don't upgrade. Most Divs built should be the Artillery or Breakthrough variety. Historically, the Russians created 37 normal plus 7 Rocket Divs.

TulliusDetritus -> RE: Soviet Rockets / Breakthrough / Regular Artillery Divisions proportion (9/25/2012 11:27:18 PM)

Many thanks [:)] I downloaded the zip and read the PDF inside.

Alrite then. So far I just have created 14 Regular / Breakthrough and 6 Rocket divisions. To stay historical I still need one more Rocket division and then 23 regular / breakthrough nasty things. Which will be done in let's say er... the next er... 4 turns. Presto, dabai dabai!

[sm=Evil-210.gif]*not to scare you, Marquo, but I will soon introduce you to my new friends, don't worry!* [sm=Evil-210.gif]

Aurelian -> RE: Soviet Rockets / Breakthrough / Regular Artillery Divisions proportion (9/26/2012 12:22:21 AM)

I didn't find Rocket Divs all that useful. And they took *forever* to fill up.

turtlefang -> RE: Soviet Rockets / Breakthrough / Regular Artillery Divisions proportion (9/26/2012 1:37:37 AM)

I agree with Aurelian. Rocket divisions take forever to get to thier TO&E so I have stopped building more than 3 (ok, I have to have three just to play with them, reality, shouldn't build any but I can't resist). And I target a multiple of 3 in my builds due to stacking so it 39 based on advice given to me earlier in this forum.

A lot of folks recommend getting rid of the artillery support units when the divisions appear - I don't. I want all the firepower I can get into the fight and since these are already built, I keep them.

Klydon -> RE: Soviet Rockets / Breakthrough / Regular Artillery Divisions proportion (9/26/2012 3:27:58 AM)

To get around some of the issues with the rocket units, I look to build several of them earlier in the game as SU's, then disband them later on so the rockets go back to the pool. I have not had a chance to test this to the point where I am building rocket divisions, but I do agree it is tough to get rocket units in general built. However, doing it this way should get rocket units built over time.

Aurelian -> RE: Soviet Rockets / Breakthrough / Regular Artillery Divisions proportion (9/26/2012 7:52:47 AM)

I think the size is what makes them take so long.

The 43 Rckt Div has 864 launchers. BM-30-4.

The 44 one has 288 BM-31.

turtlefang -> RE: Soviet Rockets / Breakthrough / Regular Artillery Divisions proportion (9/26/2012 4:42:24 PM)

You could be right regarding the number of launchers. I just know it takes a looooong time.

I should have looked more closely at the TO&E - didn't realize you needed 864 of those suckers.

Klydon -> RE: Soviet Rockets / Breakthrough / Regular Artillery Divisions proportion (9/26/2012 5:43:29 PM)

Even the earlier rocket SU's are very slow to fill. It is almost like they don't have much priority when it comes to armaments.

delatbabel -> RE: Soviet Rockets / Breakthrough / Regular Artillery Divisions proportion (9/27/2012 7:43:37 AM)

I build lots of rocket divs, they are the best thing for breaking lines. I find that the first 3-4 that I build don't ever fill up, and then the rest do. I have no idea why, I suspect some obscure bug. e.g. by late 43 the 1st - 3rd rocket divs will still be at 10% TOE but the others will be 90%+.

The breakthrough divs are useful too, but less so.

Marquo -> RE: Soviet Rockets / Breakthrough / Regular Artillery Divisions proportion (9/27/2012 2:27:51 PM)

TD, I have no fear.

Marquo [:)]

turtlefang -> RE: Soviet Rockets / Breakthrough / Regular Artillery Divisions proportion (9/27/2012 3:31:59 PM)

If this is true, has someone reported this as an bug that needs to be reviewed or checked? Just wondering.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.611328E-02