newby to 4x games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series

Floris -> newby to 4x games (9/24/2012 1:26:48 AM)

hello all :D
just bought the game + all expensions today
Have played galactic civ 2 for like a week now so iam stil big noob at this genre :p (mostly play rts/rpg)

Was also wondering if you guys have any suggestions for what to automate and what not (wanna do as much as possible myself tbh but seems there is alot to manage in this game )

Also any suggestions of settings of the world or just keep evrything on default (stil need to even play the game so probely have alot of questions after playing it a bit just finished the tutorials)

When i first saw a video of this games going from planet to whole universe i was like OMFG THATS BIG XD

Bingeling -> RE: newby to 4x games (9/24/2012 9:20:08 AM)

I would suggest to control the armed ships and fleets (and their makeup), and let the AI take care of the rest. Remember you can always interfere (but interfering with AI ship designs require some setup to succeed).

Having a hand in diplomacy can maybe also be an idea (so that the AI does not surprise you in declaring war [:D])

WoodMan -> RE: newby to 4x games (9/24/2012 3:21:11 PM)

Unautomate things as you need them is a good idea, it is not that hard to learn everything when you do one at a time. My personal preference is everything manual except planet population policies and ship design [:)]

With ships and fleets themselves, you can just hit 'A' to automate or unautomate them whenever it suits you, very handy!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI