FTL (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Scott_WAR -> FTL (9/23/2012 3:14:16 PM)

A fun little game made by an indie developer. One of the early releases from Kickstarter.

You are captain of a ship, with a copy of the plans for the death star......er umm,...I mean with valuable information on board that you must deliver to your superiors. You are being chased by a rebel fleet, and must survive the trip across the galaxy by fighting and improving your ship and crew.

Very fun little game,...with a lot of possibilites for future updates/content.

http://www.ftlgame.com/

junk2drive -> RE: FTL (9/23/2012 4:13:52 PM)

Also of note is that it is multiplatform with Mac and linux versions.

Fallschirmjager -> RE: FTL (9/23/2012 7:36:10 PM)

It is a great little game at $10

It is also a success story for Indy games, Kickstater and Steam.

The developers have stated that they have made enough to justify the hours put into the game x10 and have enough money for several content updates.

Maybe justification for Matrix to try selling a few titles on Steam through Green Light.

Scott Parrino -> RE: FTL (9/24/2012 7:59:52 PM)

Can't recommend this game enough. It's oddly addicting and tough in the way that the fun is trying to keep the ship from exploding or your crew from dying of no oxygen.

Jevhaddah -> RE: FTL (9/24/2012 10:06:50 PM)

It's available GoG too

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/faster_than_light

I will buy it at the weekend [:D]

Cheers

Jev

doomtrader -> RE: FTL (9/25/2012 10:05:30 AM)

Just get the game on Steam, but I don't have chance to play it for couple of next days.
Any hints how to have a good gamplay without frustrating?

Scott_WAR -> RE: FTL (9/25/2012 4:32:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Just get the game on Steam, but I don't have chance to play it for couple of next days.

The game has perma death....... you can save and quit,...but the save is erased upon loading. So you cant die and reload, you have to restart.
BUT, as much as that sounds like it might lead to frustration..........surprisingly it doesnt. Its actually part of what makes the game so much fun.

As for hints........in my opinion this is one of those games where learning as you play is actually fun...so I would avoid getting help,.....until you need it,...which you probably wont.

doomtrader -> RE: FTL (9/25/2012 8:04:53 PM)

OK, does anyone knows how to activate drones?

Scott Parrino -> RE: FTL (9/25/2012 8:36:30 PM)

You have to make sure you have energy and drone parts to send out drones. You should be able to click them to power up like you do with weapons.

Scott_WAR -> RE: FTL (9/26/2012 11:06:07 AM)

You have to buy a component called Drone Control. Then you will get a drone icon at the bottom of the screen you have to power up just like weapons, shields etc.

carnifex -> RE: FTL (9/26/2012 3:22:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Don't treat it like a game you can beat, treat it like an sci-fi movie where there is a strong probability your crew dies all over the burning wreckage that used to be your ship. Then start over.

Lützow -> RE: FTL (9/26/2012 8:30:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

The game has perma death....... you can save and quit,...but the save is erased upon loading. So you cant die and reload, you have to restart.

That's a pretty cool feature.

redcoat -> RE: FTL (10/1/2012 12:32:27 PM)

A Review

[image]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb4rjwhbRG1qhm8b3o2_1280.jpg[/image]

doomtrader -> RE: FTL (10/1/2012 1:22:57 PM)

The game is worth every penny.

Jevhaddah -> RE: FTL (10/2/2012 5:00:16 PM)

I bought this game today and...erm...

Just asphyxiated my crew and burnt myself to death....

Captain Kirk... I ain't [:D]

Cheers

Jev

The Red Shirt[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02