Two Themes at once? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding

Gargoil -> Two Themes at once? (9/21/2012 5:05:22 PM)

Sorry if this has be asked before, I have limited seach ability here at work.

I love Igard's Picard Era Mod, and also love Martian's new Beautiful Landscapes Mod. Is there a way, without overwritting my Vanilla Legends folder, to incorporate both?

Thanks

Nedrear -> RE: Two Themes at once? (9/21/2012 5:08:50 PM)

Actually I am not sure you can use Martians mod without overwriting anything at all. This capability is not supported in the customization.

Gargoil -> RE: Two Themes at once? (9/21/2012 5:16:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nedrear

Actually I am not sure you can use Martians mod without overwriting anything at all. This capability is not supported in the customization.

Ah, I have not downloaded Martian's mod yet - so his mod may actual work by overwritting vanilla, and it not a "theme" type mod. Well that makes it a simpler decision, overwrite vanilla and be able to play with it and any other theme at same time, or don't [8|]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Two Themes at once? (9/21/2012 8:19:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gargoil

I love Igard's Picard Era Mod, and also love Martian's new Beautiful Landscapes Mod. Is there a way, without overwritting my Vanilla Legends folder, to incorporate both?

Thanks

No Gargoil, just backup your (YourDrive letter):\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds\images\environment\landscapes directory in case you wish to return to the original landscapes. Once you overwrite the DW landscape files with Martian's, they will be used for the 'Vanilla' game, as well as any mod you run via the customization folder.

Just a note on this as well; If you have a program such as Paint.Net, Photoshop, etcetera available
to you, it helps if you 're-size' each of the files' dimensions down to 240 x 180, which is the
same size as the original files they replace. It will help on performance since the newer files
are more colored and detailed.
[:)]

Gargoil -> RE: Two Themes at once? (9/21/2012 8:27:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gargoil

Thanks

No Gargoil, just backup your (YourDrive letter):\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds\images\environment\landscapes directory in case you wish to return to the original landscapes. Once you overwrite the DW landscape files with Martian's, they will be used for the 'Vanilla' game, as well as any mod you run via the customization folder.

Just a note on this as well; If you have a program such as Paint.Net, Photoshop, etcetera available
to you, it helps if you 're-size' each of the files' dimensions down to 240 x 180, which is the
same size as the original files they replace. It will help on performance since the newer files
are more colored and detailed.
[:)]

I suppose if I make a backup of both vanilla and the Mod, then when updating/expanding the game, I should flip back to vanilla landscapes, just in case the update has a change to go into that file. That is actually why I like keeping vanilla, well, vanilla.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.464844E-02