Kuban Landing possible? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue

Haudrauf1962 -> Kuban Landing possible? (9/19/2012 5:49:34 PM)

I am playing Trappenjagd as the Germans against a normal AI. By Jun 23 I have tarn Kerch and Sevastopol and also destroyed many Russian forces in two pockets in the Izium area.

Now in real life the Germans made a landing on the Kuban peninsula opposite Kerch. How can I pull that off in the game? I'd like to pressure Rostov from two sides.

Any ideas are welcome.

LiquidSky -> RE: Kuban Landing possible? (9/19/2012 6:59:17 PM)

Yup..just bring the barges down from Odessa...load em up in a port (say...Sevastopol when it is fixed)...sail on over and unload. I prefer to rail the units up to Rostov and use them to take the city while the umm...other army follows the river line, and crosses it farther along.

Bonners -> RE: Kuban Landing possible? (9/19/2012 8:07:14 PM)

In my Case Blue campaign I have taken the Kuban from Kerch, I dont think I would try it against a human player as it would probably be too risky to get across, but easy enough against the AI.

However, it has been a right slog. There is no room to manoeuvre as most of the hexes impart defensive bonuses to the defender. As it turns out the forces coming down from Rostov ended up helping out the forces coming out of the Kuban. As per LiquidSky above, I reckon the best solution is to use those forces at Rostov and come down South.

Haudrauf1962 -> RE: Kuban Landing possible? (9/19/2012 10:46:39 PM)

The biggest risk seems to be the Russian Navy. I think I will try the rail method...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI