Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Storm over the Pacific

Hiimori -> Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen (9/18/2012 6:10:31 PM)

Hello,
I just bought SotP. The installation worked fine and the updater told me that the game is current (1.10).

Nevertheless, I can't play... when I launch the game, I see the Wasteland Interactive Logo and hear some music. The computer switches to a low resolution and then I get an image of an aircraft and the SotP logo. That's it. Nothing happens.

I cannot end this screen and have to run the Task Manager to kill it. One curious sidenote: If I launch the Task Manager, the background image switches to another image with a ship, but as soon as I close or minimize the Task Manager window, the aircraft and logo are back again.

I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit. My specs are: i5 @ 2,67 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ATI RADEON HD 5770.

Any ideas?

doomtrader -> RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen (9/18/2012 6:32:31 PM)

Please go to the /data/ folder within the game's main folder and delete all video files.

Hiimori -> RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen (9/18/2012 6:51:20 PM)

I deleted two avi files, these were the only video files.

The problem remains the same.

doomtrader -> RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen (9/18/2012 7:42:58 PM)

The last thing you see is this:

[image]http://screen.bitterglory.com/in/12-09/clixdokun.jpg[/image]

or this:

[image]http://screen.bitterglory.com/in/12-09/uemyjlwpo.jpg[/image]

Hiimori -> RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen (9/18/2012 7:50:38 PM)

I think I understand the problem now!

I see the second picture, but not entirely... I cannot see the octagonal menu box, only a small part of it without the buttons!

It appears to be a screen resolution problem then, the game seems to be running but I cannot click on any of the menu buttons because they are out of the screen.

The game changes to a very low resolution when I run it, is there a way I can change the resolution without using the menu (because there is no preferences button)?

Hiimori -> RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen (9/18/2012 7:57:44 PM)

Problem solved, I discovered the resolution line in the ini-file and now I can see and use the buttons!

Your screenshot helped a lot, thank you!

doomtrader -> RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen (9/19/2012 7:34:10 AM)

This is what I suspected.
Congratulation for fixing the problem by yourself :)
Sorry for causing it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02