head to head (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support

phoenix -> head to head (9/17/2012 8:30:34 PM)

Can anyone help? Just tried to get a head to head going with someone and we couldn't connect at all. I tried hosting, he tried hosting. Same for both of us. Tried the IP address in the dialogue and the Ip address revealed by www.whatsmyip.com. No joy. Firewalls all disabled. What do I do next, I wonder?

Arjuna -> RE: head to head (9/18/2012 12:28:32 AM)

Try disabling any anti-virus programs that are running. These can sometimes prevent comms.

Are either of you connecting to the internet via a proxy?

Are either of you running a LAN and connecting through a router. In which case you will need to program your router to allow the designated machine to receive comms via the designated port.

phoenix -> RE: head to head (9/18/2012 8:16:34 AM)

Thanks Dave. the router thing worked - enabled port forwarding for port 1944. But now we can't open it from a save!!! What's the procedure? I'm host, so I save it and mail the save to Michael? Does he have to put it anywhere special? We did this, but when I start again as host and select the saved game it says 'Michael does not have this saved game'. Are we missing a step? He doesn't have to save at his end too?

Got it going now, somehow. Not sure how.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02