I am to be shot. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue

Blond_Knight -> I am to be shot. (9/13/2012 6:24:49 PM)

After playing the shorter scenarios I embarked on, please hold the giggles, Uranus - short as the Wehrmacht on easy.
After eight days of heavy attacks by Ivan and aggressive counterattacks I regret to report that in the South the drive ost has stalled and large forces including the SS division Wiking has been encircled. Additionally the Soviets sent two armoured thrusts north and south of Stalingrad joining at Pitmonik. Friendly troops hold the city but are encircled.
I have requested additional rail assets to move panzer divisions from the north where the situation has stabilized to cutoff the Soviet breakthroughs.
Unfortunately after eights days of relentless Soviets attacks and our heroic counterattacks troop moral and readiness is suffering. The Luftwaffe is having difficulty supplying those units cutoff by air, and does not have enough assets to supply neither Festung Stalingrad nor the surrounded panzer divisions in the south.
The skillfulness of our "Allies" has been greatly overestimated.
We continue to fight on.

Gott mit uns!

jack54 -> RE: I am to be shot. (9/14/2012 5:53:55 PM)

Ich auch! lol

I thought I would try a short scenario,(Uranus as Germans), I see now that short does not mean easy.

Blond_Knight -> RE: I am to be shot. (9/14/2012 7:52:05 PM)

It may be easy for you. I suffer an "out of depth" penalty when playing strategy games.
Oh well I dont have to be good at it to enjoy it.

jack54 -> RE: I am to be shot. (9/14/2012 8:55:30 PM)

I didn't mean to imply it was "easy" for me, quite the contrary... I couldn't do much at all... still fun though!

parusski -> RE: I am to be shot. (9/15/2012 1:01:36 AM)

I would have had you shot the moment you requested additional rail assets.

Blond_Knight -> RE: I am to be shot. (9/15/2012 3:52:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

It clearly displays a lack of confidence in the Fuhrer.

parusski -> RE: I am to be shot. (9/15/2012 8:07:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

It clearly displays a lack of confidence in the Fuhrer.

That was one of the greater understatements you have ever made.[8D]

redmarkus4 -> RE: I am to be shot. (9/16/2012 7:16:18 AM)

I am playing Uranus (do you feel me?) for the first time as the Axis in a PBEM game. I know that I'm probably going to suffer a major defeat, but I'll be happy as long as it's not a complete debacle.

On turn one I started beating a hasty retreat in the south and I formed 6th Army into a defensive circle, using the river lines. I also moved everything available down to start building a new front line ending near Rostov and I managed to save the Romanians etc. from being pocketed.

It's now turn 11 and 4th Pz Army assets are reaching the Rostov region and 6th Army is holding, though severely weakened. Winter Storm is probably out of the question as my opponent is attack Stalingrad already, but I will have several strong Panzer divisions available to me should I opt to try.

wallas -> RE: I am to be shot. (9/17/2012 8:54:15 PM)

no message delete option ?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.613281E-02