Surprised and happy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe

doomtrader -> Surprised and happy (9/11/2012 4:02:51 PM)

Iím trying to read all the forums and all the emails people are sending me. I didnít expect that we will receive so much feedback about Strategic War in Europe.
I must admit that Iím really, really surprised, but what is more important, Iím really happy. This is because Iím receiving a lot of two completely opposite opinions regarding the same thing. Some people wrote that the game is too hard, while others wrote it is too easy. Some of you claiming that the AI is stupid or terrible, and a little bit later Iím reading that the AI is making smart moves. Does it means that for a price of two theater tickets we have made game which can be read in so different ways? Great!

When Iíve designed this game, I wanted it to be fun. That was the most important factor. I wanted you to have the possibility to remind old good times, when we used a paper maps and paper (or plastic) counters, but with the possibility to play with the AI, as finding human opponents is sometimes difficult. However the AI is only AI, is not co cunning, smart and cruel as you are, and on the top of that it doesnít have all that historical knowledge about WW2 (and yes, I wanted this game to remind WW2 a little bit at least).
Fortunately if you find the game too easy or too hard, there is possibility to make it harder or easier, and as every country has got its own settings, the possibilities here are huge. Making the AI smarter needs time, and needs your feedback, and at least needs patches. You have probably realized we are patching this game to make it better. Iím not going to tell you to find a human opponent if you are not happy with the AI, as that would be unfair, because you might donít want to play against human. Just try with harder settings first. Make the game more demanding and less forgivable.
But what is most important: have fun and give us your feedback.

SeaMonkey -> RE: Surprised and happy (9/11/2012 11:55:30 PM)

Well doom, you did an SC in reverse! First you came out with the more complicated versions and then scaled back and went KISS. [8D] The business model for a successful wargame of this scale is pretty simple. Start with something easy, like SC1 was. Grab a clientele that prefers a game with minimum unit density, a simple map and supply system, intuitive interface finishable in a few hours and start to expand the features from their feedback. Release additional versions with a little more under the hood always keeping an eye on KISS and voila, ten years down the road you have a superior product with money in the bank.

I won't mention the large following of wargamers, look at how CEAW evolved to today, started by an SC1 fan.[;)]

kirk23 -> RE: Surprised and happy (9/18/2012 6:55:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Iím trying to read all the forums and all the emails people are sending me. I didnít expect that we will receive so much feedback about Strategic War in Europe.
I must admit that Iím really, really surprised, but what is more important, Iím really happy. This is because Iím receiving a lot of two completely opposite opinions regarding the same thing. Some people wrote that the game is too hard, while others wrote it is too easy. Some of you claiming that the AI is stupid or terrible, and a little bit later Iím reading that the AI is making smart moves. Does it means that for a price of two theater tickets we have made game which can be read in so different ways? Great!

When Iíve designed this game, I wanted it to be fun. That was the most important factor. I wanted you to have the possibility to remind old good times, when we used a paper maps and paper (or plastic) counters, but with the possibility to play with the AI, as finding human opponents is sometimes difficult. However the AI is only AI, is not co cunning, smart and cruel as you are, and on the top of that it doesnít have all that historical knowledge about WW2 (and yes, I wanted this game to remind WW2 a little bit at least).
Fortunately if you find the game too easy or too hard, there is possibility to make it harder or easier, and as every country has got its own settings, the possibilities here are huge. Making the AI smarter needs time, and needs your feedback, and at least needs patches. You have probably realized we are patching this game to make it better. Iím not going to tell you to find a human opponent if you are not happy with the AI, as that would be unfair, because you might donít want to play against human. Just try with harder settings first. Make the game more demanding and less forgivable.
But what is most important: have fun and give us your feedback.

My very first introduction to strategy wargaming was Avalon Hills WAR AT SEA I really loved that game,I still have it but its a bit worse for wear now,I would love to see it converted to a PC game that would be mana from heaven for me, to be able to play it on my PC,oh well back to reality yes your game is great you should be very proud off what you have created.[&o][&o][&o]

jomni -> RE: Surprised and happy (9/19/2012 2:08:04 AM)

The scale is just right for me compared to the other games.† And you can't beat the price. Now if we can get a Global war version†in the future.†*hint*

Anguille -> RE: Surprised and happy (9/19/2012 10:11:55 AM)

I love the game...hope you consider a lighter version of Storm over the pacific as well!

Cheers

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI