over run artillery (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios

Meanfcker -> over run artillery (9/8/2012 5:34:55 PM)

I personally feel thatwhen we over run enemy artillery, it should fall into our hands like in real war.
Any thoughts?

ernieschwitz -> RE: over run artillery (9/8/2012 7:28:54 PM)

Some sort of way to capture equipment, or even supplies from enemies, would be good. Especially if that equipment was more advanced than yours and you got a research bonus from it, or similar...

But frankly i dont see that coming any time soon.

And I am not sure why its posted in the support section...

Jeffrey H. -> RE: over run artillery (9/9/2012 6:13:31 AM)

I think Bomburs GD mod had a tech 'leak' so that no nation could run too far ahead of the others. It's something like captured equipment.

Josh -> RE: over run artillery (9/11/2012 8:12:15 PM)

What the OP says, the spoils of war. Let some units/vehicles be capturable. Or say let the destruction of an HQ have an impact on morale/readiness. I don't know if the game engine can handle this though. [&:]

Vic -> RE: over run artillery (9/12/2012 8:30:39 AM)

Moved this to modding.

It could be indirectly implemented by event coding. The event code could read out the equipment destroyed (CheckRegimeKills()) in the last turn (and current turn so far) in an early_turn event and could give part or some of those destroyed sftypes as reinforcements at I dont know random or biggest town of the player.

best,
Vic

bwheatley -> RE: over run artillery (9/13/2012 5:57:04 AM)

yea iw as thinking the same thing vic.

Hollywood -> RE: over run artillery (9/13/2012 7:15:41 PM)

I would say that if you captured advanced equipment like Artillery II or Heavy Artillery as examples, then the cost to research those upgrades (if you don't have them) could then be reduced by 25/50/75% etc. It's the captured intel/technology that is important not the equipment. This isn't the Civil War where you just turn the cannon around and start firing it in the other direction.

LazyBoy -> RE: over run artillery (9/14/2012 8:14:59 AM)

I think in Russia The Germans had whole units equipped with Russian gear.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI