Normal? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Kamil -> Normal? (9/8/2012 9:45:40 AM)

This is attack undertaken from 2 hexes.

Is it normal?

[image]local://upfiles/37480/34B1289C83494CBE956C93DA13C2FA47.jpg[/image]

Walloc -> RE: Normal? (9/8/2012 12:12:13 PM)

Would ofc liked to have seen the detailed reports, but yeah seems normal. Might only be 2 hexes but if u look at third report there is attacking reserved added. Hench the 142k attacking men. Forts dropped in battle #2 and with that eng value in battle 3 prolly the same happened. Firepower from 140k troops. I would suspected alot of disrupted elements in ur forces and off the bat he rolled nice leader rolls.

Attacking is the stronger of stances in this game. Atleased he had to use 2 soak up attacks first costing him 12,5k casulties in the first 2 battles.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Pelton -> RE: Normal? (9/8/2012 1:03:02 PM)

Its very normal, he could have attacked the hex the first 2 times with a single division each time (poineers) and probably got the same result.

I do this all the time during 42 to crack open Moscow. The first 2 attack up the fatige levels of defending troops and drop fort level. Brian just did it to reopen Moscow pocket. He attacked a single hex 5 times before doing main attack.

The down side is morale lost and gained. So its not something you want to do much at all other then to crack open a hex or 2 a turn. I had someone do it 5 to 10 times a turn and the results were huge morale gains over 5 turns for infantry at the point of attack to the point SHC was screwed.

I do it to take a hex here and there, but not more then a hand full of hexs in a game.

Flaviusx -> RE: Normal? (9/8/2012 1:33:22 PM)

Note he got a whole panzer division in the last battle intervening as an offensive reserve; reserves always have a disproportionate effect on battles.

You made him pay a stiff price for this win, at least. A lot better than you could manage in 41, where such a sequence of battles would have been ridiculously cheap for him, even if all three were holds.

Where's the Red Air Force? That could've made the difference right there.

Kamil -> RE: Normal? (9/8/2012 11:56:18 PM)

quote:

Flaviusx

I hope I will learn one day ...

hfarrish -> RE: Normal? (9/9/2012 1:17:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kamil

quote:

Flaviusx

I hope I will learn one day ...

I am a believer in making sure decent commanders are in the Air Commands...and I know its an easy thing to forget (I do it all the time!). The ones most Air Commands start with are total garbage (i.e. 2 or 3 level AC values). The other thing is that since so often as a Sov player we are trying to keep the airfields from being overrun that its easy to keep them too far from being able to do anything at all in terms of ground support...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02