Crash after a game goes several days (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support

Lecivius -> Crash after a game goes several days (9/4/2012 12:07:29 AM)

I've been playing this a while. Three times now as I start to get control, the game just stops. It does not crash, it just stops, and I get a Windows intrupt stating the program has stopped working. I have all the expansions, and I'm patched to the latest load.

What gives?

<edit>

My PC runs just fine, and has the latest drivers. I can run any MMO out there on any high graphic settings. I can provide a machine setup if needed.

Dracus -> RE: Crash after a game goes several days (9/5/2012 3:11:33 AM)

This happens to me also, I have never finished a 1400 star game cuase the game reachs a point where it stops working or the save can no longer be restored. I still think there is a memory leak in the game and each patch, I hope for a complete game. The time before a crash has greatly approved since the first game release but it still is there.

I know people will say to just play a smaller game, but I feel if a game has a option in it, that option should work.

Lecivius -> RE: Crash after a game goes several days (9/5/2012 4:58:23 PM)

I have an open ticket with support. At their request, I did a delete of the game, a defrag, and then loaded the base DW game. I did a base load installation, and the game booted. I patched to 1.0.6.0 and the game ran. I appllied 1.0.7.0 and the game refused to start. I applied 1.0.7.1 and the game refused to start. I then applied the expansion Return of the Shakturi & the game ran again. I patched it to 1.508 and it ran. I loaded Legends base and it ran. I then patched to 1.7.0.6. I have a totally new game going, and it has run for 6 hours with no issues. I want to see if I can get it fully involved because I too believe this to be a memory leak of some sort as the game does not CTD, it just stops, and only once most of the planets are getting involved, and there are a myriad of fleets etc.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI